L1's Garage

Replaced my Starter Monday morning, went well sadly had to jack up the car to get to the bottom bolt.

next on my list is replacing vtec sensor on the wifes fit, have had the part for awhile just been lazy AF and havent done it yet and its super simple, but since its intermittent i always forget to do it.

3 Likes

Picked up one of these since I dont like my shitty harbor freight one my dad got me forever ago.

(same people who make the snapon version but some small changes)

2 Likes

Does anyone have some experience with adhesive on glass filled polymers?

My dash has a frame that I think is glass filled ABS and has a foam backed vinyl covering. Some of the foam has delaminated from the frame and I want to glue it back down. I’m thinking a urethane like gorilla glue or two part epoxy.

I’m seeing recommendations for abs contact cement… Hmm

I dunno if anyone’s into detailing, but The Rag Company is having 20% off storewide with code BFD20.

https://www.theragcompany.com/

1 Like

Hmmm, I think Loctite has a plastic bonding epoxy. I’m not sure how expensive it is, but there are definitely epoxies out there that are designed for this application.

1 Like

Some bits arrived. Eaton limited slip diff, install kit and diff cover. Need to pickup some bearings and seals still.

5 Likes

So my dad backed into my car this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

2 Likes

Welp, at least you know who the prick is!

7 Likes

Hell yeah brother!

4 Likes

So they are watched an episode of roadkill and decided to strip a corvette?

2 Likes

Trying to chase the Leroy Jr. dream.

3 Likes

6 Likes

A great Testarossa vid…

1 Like

Another new exhaust leak has manifested on my truck… need to replace everything from the cat back at this point. Driving something that has been sitting for a while is rough everything is falling apart. :expressionless:

Could give it stacks for shits and giggles.

screams internally

I mean you already need to fix the bed too, right? What’s another couple holes going to matter?

screams externally

to increase the screaming turns out i have aftermarket long tube headers and there’s nothing that bolts up to them… asuihjdfhjashdfkjawef

9 Likes