L1's Garage

From what I understand, more resistance = more rolling of coal, though idle becomes a problem.

Where did you get the turbo?

I was just thinking flip a switch, put your foot down, and blow smoke at someone that’s following too close. My car doesn’t smoke much at all except at startup, so I can’t say f off to obnoxious drivers.

Got it from idparts. It’s on sale still, costs less than the stock VNT-15. But you’ll need the $100 adapter, so it actually isn’t cheaper. Probably also need the braided oil supply line and possibly the return line. The kit comes with all the gaskets and nuts you’ll need.

futile

So I’m running out of patience with my brakes from Amazon. How does Amazon reviews work? Whenever I put in a positive review, their AI seems to let it post up right away- I leave mostly positive reviews so its new to me that when I put in a 2 star review it first got pushed back- second attempt and its in the air somewhere? I’m wondering if high volume vendors get perks (or can pay for perks) like Yelp got busted for. My review wasn’t particularly scathing or in violation of their guidelines so this is odd. I’m ready to hit the button to return and get refunded and just buy from somewhere else.

3 Likes

Spun in the snow trying to avoid an idiot. Really its my own fault for not reacting correctly but I’m still gonna blame him anyway.

Fortunately there’s nothing wrong with it. Just cosmetic.

2 Likes

Yeah other than being a civic I see no big issues.

7 Likes

Maybe now I can rice it out with a body kit

2 Likes

Looks like just the bumper. Definitely could have been worse. Just paint or is it damaged (looks damaged)?

Front is damaged, rear looks fine.

Going to see if you can find one in a junkyard?

Glad you’re okay.

5 Likes

I dont know yet. Looks like you can get them color matched on ebay for relatively cheap. I will have to wait and see what insurance wants to do.

2 Likes

What’s your deductible?

Frankly, I use insurance (especially on a car like that) as a “don’t sue me out of house and home” tool. I do all my car repairs out of pocket if they’re not going to sue because the insurance increase is almost always going to cost more over the two years than getting a loan to repair the car.

2 Likes

Yeah its my first time not having a totaled vehicle claim on insurance so maybe I will just tell them to forget about it.

deductible is 1k

1 Like

Oh yeah, at the most, you should expect 1500 (for a non-insurance quote, be sure to tell them that if you take it to a shop) from a professional shop to get that repaired and insurance will probably go up $20 per month, at least, from the claim for the next 5 years. That’s 1200 over 5 years, in addition to the 1000 that you owe from them not covering part of it. Insurance to cover your repairs is a racket. Insurance to cover some asshole trying to take your house? Probably a good thing, but I’ve never had it, so I can’t say.

I wonder if that’s a De Beers diamond type thing. “oh, someone could sue you for everything you have, you need insurance”

Theres a collision repair place not even an 1/8th mile down the road from work. I’ll see what they say.

1 Like

Yeah, just stop in, see what they have to say. A quote shouldn’t take much more than 25 minutes if they’re not busy.

Drift stiches and angle grind a part of the spring off to slam that bitch down.

3 Likes