L1's Garage

That was my thought. You could probably call it even if you can part the entire drivetrain out, sans engine.

1 Like

Underestimated how much the new caliper would protrude further out than the original. Their width dimensions are the same but the bracket and rotors must be pushing them outward, the spacers I had as a “just in case” are not enough, have to get the spidertrax 1.25" versions or new rims.

3 Likes

My seat needed more lumbar support.

Bam fixed.

5 Likes

Y’all better make sure you pay attention when you’re driving. As much as I hate sitting in traffic caused by accidents, I’m sure cops hate standing in the rain even more.

Supercharger on LS so, so much easier. There’s even a factory option that will fit off the LSA.

Alright. I bought it and drove it home. The engine feels rock solid and this thing has a few nice options like heated leather seats, and DVD player (not that anyone cares about those anymore).

Lots and lots of weird stuff wrong, but non of that matters because LS. Lol

I’ll take pictures tomorrow.

I do want to play with a SC, but most likely not on this rig.

3 Likes

Is the body in good shape? I wonder if you could sell everything but the engine as a package for near what you paid for.

2 Likes

Body is in alright condition (little dents here and there from road debris). I think I’m going to put the front clip up for sale pretty quickly since it has the one everyone seems to want. People hate the “angry eyes” so much.

You know what, that actually does looks worse than I remembered.
2003-chevrolet-silverado-2500-ls-ext-cab-4wd-truck-angular-front

If you do go forced induction on the LS though, seriously look into the LSA blower instead of the turbo.

It’s literally almost a direct bolt on. No fancy exhaust manifolds to custom make, etc. if you were to go turbo… built in water to air intercooling, etc.

Either way, plenty of power to be had out of an LS with mild cam, definitely if you are putting it in a small car :slight_smile:

1 Like

20+ years of dirt and armorall. And probably some soda? Dunno but this guy was a damn pig. Glad it cleaned up OK. Still need to break down the ducting and make sure all the wasp nests are gone.

BTW magic eraser sponges are the bomb diggity.

1 Like

Huh. Replaced my spark plugs last week for my Chevy Sonic. Gas mileage seems pretty shit about 24 to 25 city. Normally I was getting about. 29 to 30 city.
Give it time or check the gaps again. I still have my last set of plugs. Definitely going to measure the gap on those and double check the new ones.

1 Like

Shots from my ute being worked on last fortnight

Stage 1 mantic clutch goodness :smiley:

Also got the gearbox and diff oil changed.

6 Likes

Oh I fucking love those. So sad the SS was discontinued in the US. A Ute would be awesome.

3 Likes

Put my truck into 4wd for the first time this morning for ice. Works great. But now it’s stuck in 4wd Fml lol.

4 Likes

Tacoma, right?

I have a buddy who had one and he used to just flick the switch on and off a few times and it would eventually go out of 4wd.

No it’s a pickup. It’s a lever not a switch. I finally figured out if I just inch forward while pressing the lever it works. Seems like some sort of lockout might be malfunctioning.

1 Like

Interesting. Glad you got it though.

Lawdy. Okay. Checked spark plug gaps. They are supposed to be 0.028" or 0.7mm some were about 0.031" or 0.8mm give or take a small incriment.
Guess I was just a bit too excited to install them. Also notticed how easy it was to remove the spark plugs when torqued to spec. No clue if they were changed before me but God Damn were they hard to break the first time around.

Also skinned a bit of my knuckle while torquing down the plugs.
The blood sacrifice has been paid.

1 Like

Spark plugs tend to get a bit stuck if they’ve been in there for a long time, but it is also extremely easy to over-tighten them.

1 Like

I was a bit worried at first with the torque wrench with how little effort it was to turn it but then I remembered I have nearly 3 ft compared to tightening them snug with a ratchet.

Now time to see if I can get that secondary cat reinstalled and if it will slide into my current exhaust no problem. Kommiefornia smog should be coming up some time. Car initial purchase was in Aug 2012.

Damn. Main issue is if I cut the flange off the secondary cat. It’s either too big or too small depending where its cut. Could takr it to the muffler shop and have them weld on a 2 inch flange to a 2.5" adapter to the mid pipe or where the resonator delete is. But I heard stainless steel is expensive to weld.

1 Like