L1's Garage

Haha I’ve been told a number of times it sounds like a tractor

Only downside to the larger turbo is the turbo whoosh sound is lessened

1 Like

IMO turbo if MPGs are a thing for you, V8 to be less complicated and have instant low end and good throttle response.

Yeah the other thing is it gets 23 mpg. If I threw a turbo on, got 7-10 lbs, it’d go up to around 28ish.

It’s hard to say IMO, your VE might be a little better in vacuum and gain some effeciency, but Everytime you boost your MPGs will take a hit. It’s hard to not boost every now and then :wink:

2 Likes

From the limited research I’ve done, because not everyone throws a turbo on these, it helps with highway mileage if you ride the clutch in combo. Mostly the acceleration boost is what I’m after, but it’d be nice to have the extra highway oomph.

Also its a dirt toy.

I guess turbo is the winner haha. Ready to tackle the supporting mods such as engine management? @SgtAwesomesauce can talk about this in depth.
IMO if you are doing very moderate/minor boost, a simple piggyback should be fine and should retain OEM feel (cold start, cruising etc). Any cheap turbo kits out there for your application?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be happy to share my knowledge, but AMC, what year? They haven’t been around for ages.

I can teach you concepts, but specific ecu applications are going to be tough if you’re not on megasquirt.

Its a 98 Dakota Sport. Its the engine used after the iron duke. 4 banger AMC pushrod. 2.5L

2 Likes

Am I the only one who dates their filters with the date and mileage they were installed?

I can maybe help too (IRT concepts)- I’m an EMS hobiest I guess- why my ECU box is a mess of more than one PNP harness to switch between EMS (same on my truck). I’ve gone so long on my tunes I’m really rusty now (and nuked my XP VM by accident.

3 Likes

TunerStudio works on Linux, in fact, I’m using Linux on an old laptop for tuning. IDK about other tools though.

1 Like

XP was for Greddy’s EMU. Win 7 (and maybe 10?) was fine for AEM. It’s really cool tunerstudio is so flexible.

1 Like

Looking for backgrounds, and found this. Definitely something to post in the “Subaru Lounge”. lol

Edit: Oh, and you guess were even talking about XP. haha

3 Likes

Nice, I think my tuner laptop is gonna get this background.

2 Likes

You need to crop a Miata or a Benz in there for you. lol

1 Like

Been rekkin speed traps in forza horizon 4 cause that’s what i do with my weekends… got rank 604 (out of 484k) on Pennine way, 10mph away from rank 1 so that’s a thing.

1 Like

Lucky dog, I was really exited to play that, but for some reason it refused to work on my pc. It wanted more then 24 GB of ram at 720p. Hahahaaa :sob:
I swear I’m not salty.

I made a post about it, and tried to make it entertaining.
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2018-10-october-rip-kurama-edition/133116/17406?u=teckmonster

that happened with H3 before and nvidia patched it out… you using nv?

Vega 56.

It’s been a while, so I should give it another shot. I need to make sure it works with my wheel be for I buy it though. In H3 the force feedback felt like shit.

theres tutorials on how to set up forza because it’s its own retardation as far as wheels go.

1 Like