L1's Garage

5 Likes

2 Likes

uh I’ll be right back… brb 5 min.

Was impressed with a friend’s so bought the larger one.

1 Like

Took my WRX for its last drive before the winter today…
I’ll miss driving it but i’m getting used to dailying the truck. Not sure how I dailied the WRX for so long i have a serious case of lead foot every time i’m in it now lol.

3 Likes

Welp first use of the charger was a bit disappointing- monitored it for the first few hours, everything is good- let it go overnight and I walk in the next day- smells like rotten eggs and the battery is hot and hissing- great, hydrogen sulfide.

In the chargers defense the battery could have been un-savable, but for a very $$$ charger that touts so much about being intelligent, not a good first showing.

2 Likes

That’s how it was when I was test driving the Lexus this past Spring. Went from a car with an EJ251 with 165hp to a 2GR-FSE with 306hp.

Got up to speed pretty quick.

3 Likes

Hmmm changed my spark plugs in my Sonic today. Currently 45K looked as crusty as my dad’s F250 at 95K.
Also cylinder 4 had a little bit of oil on the electrodes and on top of the plug. Will check it our in a week or two. I do nottice somewhat of a stutter when I start it up in the morning but thats only in the first half second then it idles smoothly.

Edit
First start on fresh plugs no little stutter.

Just ordered a new turbo for my 2002 TDI. Got the VNT-17 instead of the stock VNT-15. Big smokey burnouts are in my future. Also nozzles and a lift pump eventually.

This is the original turbo, so it has about 252k on it. The vanes are sticking and not actuating properly. Makes a crazy loud turbo whoosh when shifting.

2 Likes

Maybe a bad ring or stem seal. Borrow a compression tester from an auto store.

1 Like

Cleaned out the dirt and oil in the well. Will check it this weekend to see if there is any new oil in the well.

Dailying the Miata again. Feelsgoodman. Just in time for winter to roll around tho lol

Weather is nice, sun not too hot, cars running well.

All I need now is for the radiator to not be cracked. Luckily it’s at the top, so it doesn’t leak too much, and at stock power, it’s able to handle the heat just fine.

4 Likes

Alrighty, doing leagues better then k was a few days ago. Phew. So i cant even sit at my pc to tear into the gopro footage. Never turned off b.c i was ambulence pretty immediately, just ran itself dead. Will see if i care to post it, but ill do a screen or two for settings ect. Paint a picture of the story.

4 Likes

12 pack of Moxie

That’ll clean you right up.

Glad your safe, and good on you for using protective gear unlike so many others.

1 Like

Said fuckit and bought a brand new 2019 Subaru Crosstrek in the Premium trim.

1 Like

Did you get one with Eyesight? Supposedly it’s actually decent.

Congrats too! Welcome to the Subaru club.

EDIT: Is it Dark Grey Metallic? My car’s that color.

1 Like

No Eyesight. I did test drive one with the blind spot warning and that was pretty nice but I didn’t want to pay for it and discounts are not big right now what with the new model and all the 18’s gone in the last month.

Thanks for the welcome! The drive home was pretty nice IMO. I’m going to really like this car.

No, MY car’s that color! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

too many Subarus in here…

Quite the set of reminders you picked up there

1 Like

Subaru Lounge!

I think we’re up to what, like four or five Subarus?

4 Likes