L1's Garage

It’s basically the story of the 1,000,000 mile odometer, with the truck changing around it. Cool!

3 Likes

http://configurator.mclaren.com/model/spider570s

I love playing with these things but was disappointed that it no longer gives you a price.

If you have to ask… You can’t afford it.

Haha, yea, they did used to give a price didn’t they? My buddy just bought one of those. I don’t think it is the S model.

On another note, I came across this article on the F1s

1 Like

Merry Christmas guys!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful. Is that yours?

Unfortunately no. I would of never thought to make a Christmas tree out of car parts.

That’s a really cool article. I also may or may not have saved many of those photos to use as desktop backgrounds.

It also strikes me as humorous that McLaren even considered shipping each car to Woking whenever they needed service. Like, it’s crazy that there’s that much value in these vehicles.

1 Like

Wow there are some absolutely insane/crazy builds in here.

http://www.roadkill.com/greatest-24-hours-lemons-cars-time/

Here’s my 2 favorite.

2 Likes

Glad they had my favorite. I’d seen a better photo of it before.

2 Likes

All my parts are on the car, so same boat as you.

1 Like

I had the greatest drive of my life in a 240Z. This is a long story.

I used to live in Ridgefield, CT and had to go on a business trip to Albany, NY. My boss (who is insane, more later) lent me his Z. On the way home I took the scenic Taconic Parkway on a beautiful fall day. I was doing about 90MPH the whole way.

Fortunately my built in radar detector was working. I saw an unmarked state patrol car coming the other way, braked hard and the cop gave me a dirty look as I passed. The rest of the way I dodged about 5 speed traps, including an airplane that was following me. A mile from the CT border there was road work and traffic was stop and go. A state cop was waiting for me and pulled me over in the middle of a traffic jam. He never got of of his car and eventually he took off after 15 minutes. Weird.

Because he had called for the CT state police to be waiting at the border. He followed me home at 55MPH, 6 feet off of my rear bumper. Once I got off the highway I was pretty stressed out so I stopped at Mickey D’s in a big shopping center. When I came out I saw the cop parked on the far side of the huge lot. He started following me again. As soon as I got a gap, I turned off the main road and took off down a back road. Lost him… or so I thought. When I came off the side road back to a different main road the cop went flying past with his lights on but he didn’t see me. How did he know which way I was going? I parked for 1/2 an hour before I went home.

Here’s the part about my crazy boss.
Next day at work I told the boss what happened. He said “I should have told you that once I was late for a plane and made it from CT to LaGuardia airport in NYC in a half an hour. I out ran the local cops, the CT state police, the NYPD and NY state police but I caught my plane. When I got home a CT state cop was waiting in my driveway. They threw me in jail and took my CT license away forever. That’s why I bought a vacation home in Vermont so I could register there.”

No wonder the NY state police wanted my ass so bad.
Thanks for the ride boss.

3 Likes

I’ve never in my life, seen an airplane actually enforcing speed limits. Do they still do this?

That said, it could have just been the car.

They want everyone’s ass… just wanted your ass more aggressively than the rest :wink:

In NY yep. Even have signs posted on the highways saying so. My cousins almost got caught on their bikes when they made it from around Geneseo area to just south of Rochester in <20minutes if my memory is correct. Either way, they were going 100+ mph.

1 Like

signs posted on the highways

I always thought those were just clever lies. I also like to imagine an F16 enforcing the speed limit with heavy ordinance.

I live in CA and I’ve never seen it, but then again, it’s kind of hard to see planes when you’re driving. (also, CA has no money)

The Taconic Parkway is one of the most scenic roads on Earth. It winds through big hills and has many overlook rest stops. At one point I look off to my right into a valley and that’s when I saw the police plane practically level with me. The roads have painted markers every 1/4 mile so cops can estimate your speed without a radar gun.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense.

What is it with all the Datsun’s this week?

I grew up a mile from Bob Sharp Nissan. As kids we would ride our bikes to the fishing hole right next door and watch Mr. Newman and Mr. Sharp build those race cars. Sometimes they would take them on the street for testing and blast around my neighborhood.

Bob Sharp also sold a lot of GT-33 specials. A normal Z with a same paint job minus the numbers.

Datsun’s are taking over.

1 Like

"It’s okay. I know my car"
The last time I heard that, we were stuck on the side of the road.
Lul that the same thing happen with my caddi when my buddy drove it. “It doesnt need gas, you said yourself, that LCD doesnt work.” 5 minutes later. “Works well enough, huh?” “Fuck you”

1 Like

What year? I helped a buddy with some wiring on one with an engine out of a 99 Jetta.