L1's Garage

Went to a local drift event.

3 Likes

Blame Trumps tariffs, and Fuck Ford now, the day they stopped making the Crown Vic I have wished nothing but ill will towards them. Shitty auto maker they are now…

Not everyone can afford a Ford GT.

I’ll break my cardinal rule and buy a Charger now.

Anyone here have experience with the Subaru Crosstrek?

I’d sure like to try that some day. Several years ago I sold a '79 RX7. It’s up for sale again with no motor for C$1,500.00. I’m tempted to buy it and put a small block chev into it.

My body guy has a first gen rx7 with an LS3 in it.

1 Like

I have an Impreza which is pretty much the same thing.

1 Like

Thinking of picking up a new one. I really have no need of a pickup until I own another house and the area I’m in rains a lot… plus the wife would take the Crosstrek if I decided to upgrade (and her Legacy wagon is suffering from salt rot).

Do you have the CVT? What year is your Impreza?

I’m thinking of the same thing, thinking of going for a test drive while i get the airbag replaced on my impreza

1 Like

My Impreza is from 2013 and is a manual.

The CVTs used to be hot garbage, but from what I understand they are significantly better nowadays.
The ride is pretty smooth compared to older generations of Impreza, and the interior is a bit nicer as well.
Only real downside is the engine is a bit small for the car IMO. It has plenty of power to get into traffic, but it’s not as “fun” as the older EJ25 engine cars. Upside being that they get decent gas mileage.

3 Likes

I test drove a 2019 the other day and I liked it a lot. Supposedly they stiffened everything up in 2018 with the global platform change, and I swear it was as quiet as my 2009 Silverado was.

Been watching reviews and especially the ones by owners over 2k and it just keeps looking like the right car for what I want right now (and at least the next few years).

1 Like

I didnt know that the new camry’s were rated for 39mpg

1 Like

For the first time in my life i finally own a vehicle that doesn’t burn oil. did the good ol 1k mile check of fluids on my toyota and it hasn’t used a drop. praise jeebus no more topping off oil

5 Likes

She’s all in pieces

2 Likes

Oh? I have to drop oil into the Miata every time I get back from a canyon run.

1qt per 150 miles? Yep, living that dino fuel life.

yer engine is gone bud. lol

1 Like

Still making plenty of power. I think it’s just leaking bad.

I’m trying to source a new engine for the build though. Looking into doing a full rebuild with a-arm rods and over bore pistons.

1 Like

Took another test drive today and had an awesome experience. The salesman didn’t even try and sell it to me today, said wait until the end of the month, they’ll try and compete on financing, etc.

As an aside, that car has plenty of power for me and he even took me to a messed up section of railroad track and pavement to show off the suspension and ground clearance.

2 Likes

How was the cvt? Im too lazy for a manual

I think it’s good. Feels a lot like any other automatic, maybe a tad slow on the uptake for acceleration but not enough that I’d notice daily.

Also it gets better mileage than the manual. Plus I can’t drive a stick for shit.

1 Like

That could just be the 2L engine.
Ill check them out soon

1 Like