L1's Garage

So it’s good now?

1 Like

Closer. I’m gonna drive it this weekend to try to fix it.

I’m swamped at work this week, so yeah.

1 Like

Hmm if it grew in that quickly maybe you’re keen to buy the car?? lol

2 Likes

Finally got another laptop that will work with my Volvo specific scan tool. Every time I plug this into my V70 and see a C70 I find myself thinking about all the people who told me you cant swap the drivetrain in these cars because of the CAN bus system. lol

Looks like a mess

Hopefully it’s because the battery was dead. I’ll let it charge for a while and rerun the car scan.

BTW my Volvo is in limp mode, and I’m trying to figure out why. The ECUs got a little smashed in the accident, and I’m worried that might be the cause, but it was driving great for a few months after the accident.

2 Likes

RRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I think you’ve just got cylinder envy.

my 6cyl makes 50hp more (from factory) than that 4.6L came with from the factory

I’m just trolling, didn’t mean to hit a soft spot.

how much power does your Z make total?

lmao

i dont like mustangs… attempted murder is bad mmmkay

about 280whp (per butt dyno)… its mostly stock and I havent installed the intakes I bought a while back. should be abotu 15-20 hp with that

1 Like

That’s the 3.7l right? Not bad numbers.

As an early IS300 owner, its been a ‘ride’ to see the demographic change as the car reached the $5K range, then 3K range- very different types buying and modding now.

Laughs… looks in mirror (has IS300, has 2jz-gte and ar5 trans sitting in garage for swap [posted somewhere earlier in this thread], MS3Pro etc etc)… goes to corner crying…

Continues crying in corner…

Now balls up in corner…

Is all this hate what it feels like to be a Honda Civic “tuner”?

4 Likes

It’s a 4 valve swap(01 Cobra), full bolt on car with an IRS. It’s quite different than a typical new edge, only looks similar. Hasn’t been dyno’d but it should land in the 360whp range on pump 93. Haven’t decided where else I’ll go with it, if anything at all, not my only project.

1 Like

yes

factory claims 335hp

Holy crap! There’s a Honda Motocompo in an anime I’m watching.

So cool!!!

5 Likes

Does the steering fold down under the seat?
Cool, I want one!

1 Like

Sugoi!!

1 Like

Sure does. It’s such a great idea.
Motocompo race?

They also cover how the bike folds down a lot better than the previous video I shared, but they don’t have a Honda City to put them in.

I love these goofy little suitcase bikes.

3 Likes

I watch very few vids because data plan, that’s why the original question. However I’ll take a peek later. Thanks.

1 Like

Prepping the fleet for winter, parents asked me to prep their cars as well.

Pressure washer broke, so I had to order a new one. Also ordering a better DA polisher, since I’ve been using the Harbor Freight one for about 6 years now and while it’s good, I wanted to upgrade to something that’s nicer to use.

Going to be correcting paint and then sealing the following cars:

• 2013 E350
  • 2009 A5
  • 2017 A6

Also going to be doing some paint touch-up prior to sealing the cars. My fathers A5 has some major chips in the paint, and while the sealant he’s had on it before is holding up well, he wants me to try to fix it up a bit. The benz also has some quite large, unsightly chips in the hood and driver side quarter panel.

I’ll be applying CQuartz on all 3 once they’re polished up.

My brothers car (2013 Hyundai Elantra GT) has a rusting hood from neglected rock chips. We’re going to tackle that as well, probably next week.

So, I’ll have lots of pictures coming up in the next month or so. I expect each of the full-prep cars to take 2 days to complete, then a day to cure in the garage, so it’ll be a slow trickle of pictures.

2 Likes

The place I thought I was moving to fell thru, real bummer. So I started insulating the RV I’m living in. Started to do heat-shrink poly on the windows and got 3/4’s around the bottom perimeter with 4" SM R-20 foam. I’m not looking forward to when it gets cold. Last winter it got down to -37 Celsius and it was no fun, but I also didn’t have good perimeter insulation.

2 Likes