L1's Garage

Seems odd they’re keeping the mustang which imo is the worst of the 3 muscle cars at their price. I guess it’s selling well enough.

1 Like

The mustang sells crazy well. Not sure why, probably just the history…

Actually, the base model starts at 26, which isn’t bad for what you get.

And the higher models aren’t that bad.

Definitely explains why they’re selling well.

It’s certainly not bad for what you get. But the ecoboost engine (the only engine you can have until you reach GT only puts out 310hp, when the Camaro for 1k cheaper puts out 455 (ah, that’s an optional engine which would push the cost up, base model only has 275hp).

Seems now the challenger is the weakest at the base level (obviously strongest at the top end… that demon is just nuts…). Starting at 27k and only 305hp.

base level muscle cars are a bit more competitive than I remember some years ago.

2 Likes

even with 305hp… its slow because it weighs so much.

1 Like

lmao, they’re definitely not what I’d call fast.

That’s actually good power for a Mazda MZR engine. The speed 6 only made 270…

I love my WRX but the way people act around me pisses me off sometimes. its the middle of rush hour and some lexus with a fart pipe pulls up my ass doing at least 80 in a 35 i’m already doing 50. he flicks on his brights and proceeds to swerve all over the road behind me.

bruh i just want to go home and eat chips and dip calm down.

5 Likes

lexus drivers are the worst

muh upmarket supra

No. It’s not, neverwill be, stop trying.

1 Like

IT’S GOT A 2JZ BRUHHHH

IT’S TOTALLY A SUPRA

news flash 2jzs came in economy cars

2 Likes

All the ones I’ve seen came with a 1UZ.

1 Like

Sister will most likely pay off my sonic and give me a bit of money to put down on a vehicle.
Looking at Tacomas and Colorados atm.
Definitely want a V6. Dont think I will like the straight 4 variant.
She mentioned Dodge but not sure about them thb. Brothers 1500 is nice but still. Dodge.

2 Likes

in a rare crossover event between the anime thread and the automotive thread, behold!

4 Likes

Its not even about the price when it comes to the GT. My buddy was going to buy one, but got his application rejected based on not having enough of a media presence. Yet the other month he saw a guy at a track with 3 of them. That part doesnt seem to have worked in fords favor considering the only ford GT ive heard about through that media req. is Jay Lenos.

Edit: He is also happy with not having one after experiencing them at the track with said guy

I think the is300 is the only one tbh

Oh, I was thinking SC because of the platform.

Honestly though, the 1uz is a much better engine anyways. V8 fun

That’s some real shit there. :confused:

2 Likes

inline for life bro

It has it’s benefits.

Looking at our chat. The guy has 4. LUL This is the guy if anybody happened to be interested.

mfw the CLA250 is actually a fun car.

Not that I’d have rather bought that.

FUCK PID

Tonight’s rant is brought to you by: math

So, apparently it was too much to ask that the injector pulsewidth adjustment PID variables have somewhat sane defaults.

A bit of backstory: PID is used by megasquirt to make adjustments to the injector pulsewidth in response to what’s seen by the wideband. This is done to help the car auto tune.

Well, this is all fine and dandy up until you start getting a tiny bit of variance and you get something like this:

Looks like we’re a bit lean, let’s richen it up.
Looks like we’re a bit rich, let’s lean it out.
Looks like we’re really lean, let’s richen it up a lot
Looks like we’re really rich, let’s lean it out a lot

And that gives you a graph that kinda looks like this:

So, basically, I spent a bunch of time tracking down a mechanical problem that turned out to be a software one.

More importantly, I wasted most of my free time today trying to tune the PID system. For reference, the original numbers were this:

P: 1000
I: 20
D: 0

For a quick rundown on PID, for those who don’t know, watch this:

So, to reiterate, FUCK PID.

4 Likes