L1's Garage

Brilliant

You won’t be able to see afr but you could monitor long term fuel trim to see where it’s at with and without.

Torque Pro managed to grab the AFR it sat at 14.69999981 the entire duration of driving. This is at stock so it should be expected no?
Will probably install the short ram intake tomorrow or in a few hours and drive it in the morning.
See if the AFR fluctuates or stays the same. I believe the app has a fuel trim, I didn’t enable it when driving earlier.

Yeah fuel trim is available along with fuel trim bank sensors 1-4 and short term for each.

It’s not grabbing afr, you don’t have a wideband O2. You have 2 narrowband O2 on the stock system that the ECU uses to do fuel trim. It might be trying to calculate afr off that but it’s not accurate.

1 Like

I’ve got a mess of others asking to use that clip of me now. lul. I think what I have learned from this is, is the channels that will asks, seem to be pretty cool. And the ones that don’t, well, aren’t. Go figure.

On the late entry topic, Im half surprised @TeckMonster hasnt done anything itasha /s

1 Like

It’s not the size that matters, it’s how you use it :wink:

Though I wouldn’t want to go any smaller then this, and I do wish mine was just a bit larger.

Yea, part of why I’ve been looking at standard cabs. I want a small truck physically and I really need the 6ft bed for bikes. If only I could find a Hardbody in decent shape around here.

That baja reminds me of the el camino

I’ve been very busy. I finished up a Honda water pump and timing belt replacement yesterday that I’ve been working on for far too long, and today I’m supposed to do an engine swap in a Volvo S60.

I bought and built/building this truck for long distance trips to fetch automotive projects. I knew a trailer was going to be a must no matter the bed size, so I went with 4 doors 4 more hoes buddies.
And I don’t regret it at all. I’ve already had it loaded down with friends/family and stuff a few time.

BTW very happy with how well it towed that heavy ass car. I was able to hold 60mph (speed limit 55) pulling it out of a valley, and my truck is still in limp mode (won’t rev over 3k).

I think the Baja is smaller than that.

6023cae224a2d83e18b9afaa978c8392

Not quite to that level, but…

Transformation Tuesday came early bois

And now:

Matches the black pinstripe perfectly

3 Likes

Let me search my NAS, I’m sure I’ve got one laying around. If I do, I’ll drop it on g drive

Also, here’s a bit more regarding my ignition setup.

I know next to nothing about configuring ignition.

(600-1800 rpm, 75 - 101kpa may be a bit off, I’m testing something)

Screenshot_20180922_100555

It’s worth noting that I’ve also got issues at idle now, where occasionally, I get what seems to be a misfire and the afr spikes from 14.2 (my idle target) to 15.7 momentarially. This seems to happen on a pretty regular basis. (once every 1.5 seconds or so)

The more I read into this, Looks like I need to crank up the dwell a tiny bit, and drop the spark duration. Gonna see how this (3.7ms nominal dwell, 1.3ms duration) fixes things a bit later today.

Alright, plugs and wires are all good, ignition is fine, this must be a failed coil. I’ve just ordered a CoP kit to replace the failing coils. Should be fun :smiley:

2 Likes

probably the bed my company’s getting.

So I’m trying to undo the motor mounts in my 98 dodge dakota sport to lift it up, pull the oil pan out, and put all the timing chain shit together whil I clean the shit out of the bottom oy the pan. IY have one bolt out on the passengers side, but on the drivers side rit APPEARS to be stuck to the rubber on the mount. Like if I take an air wrench it won’t spin, and later I tried with a torque wrench and it TURNED THE RUBBER MOUNT WITH THE BOLT.

Could the thing be bent? Whats the deal? Any ideas? I just need the thing out a couple millimeters to finish shit up so I can throw it all together to drive to work tomorrow.

I’m not familiar with dodge mounts. It may be rust on the bolt has enlarged the bolt enough to grip the rubber. I’ve had to cut the head off and use washers and a nut to pull the shank thru the opposite side in similar situations.

just made an awesome discovery, most seat companies only support tacomas and not back to the toyota pickup. I discovered the bench seat in my truck was used in several years of tacoma and this just really opened my options up, i’m so hyped!

3 Likes

Get bucket seats you weeb.

1 Like

My taste in bucket seats is too expensive. I want brides.

2 Likes

The editing in that video makes me nauseous.

1 Like

Saaame

1 Like