L1's Garage

Yeah still have arround 20k to go and then i will have to do a big service to the car including timing belt.
I´m also concidering to maybe do the clutch aswell.

Putputputputput.
going 10 mph
PUTPUTPUTPUTPUTPUT!!
going 11 mph

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9xO98kcBU

I have not tried it yet, but i think its top speed lays arround 190Km/h.
Which yeah is kinda slow compaired to our merc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your tires wouldn’t shred immediately pre se, but you would probably not be able to use half your engines power, unless you got crazy with the sawzall and added fender flares, and drag tires. It would be best to go with AWD, but RWD would be more practical cost wise.

A lot can change in 10 to 15 years, you might find a new engine too work with. You might even end up using an old Tesla drivetrain.

How would you feel about a monster 4 pot?

1 Like

@Adubs @The_Russian_Spoider

timestamped

seent it. almost reverse yamminoobed

1 Like

Jesus higher than 30 lbs of boost sounds scary.
Damn might not even need a v8. I just wanted to do it because V8.
And yeah, a lot of technology can come out in the next decade.

Could be some stupidly powerful 4 bangers in a few years.

You want more power than that Colt!?

1 Like

Nah. Would rather not kill myself with 1000+ HP lol.
600HP is probably the max I will want for a while. Maybe I once I get a taste of a beast I will probably want more haha.

1 Like

For street used you probably won’t want more. 600hp is a whack ton of power for a car that size. If I ever get my dream Volvo, I’m going to shoot for 350 to 400hp and that’s in a large station wagon.

2 Likes

Begone thot!

Shitty rear bumper has been deleted. Truck never came with a bumper and this one was jank… And 100+ pounds

Once my Toyota decal comes in for the tailgate the rear will be done.

3 Likes

I’ve had 310 wheel horsepower in a similar weight (to the Mirage above - which is a bit lighter, even), rear drive turbo car before (my 180SX) and that’s plenty for the street.

Wheel-spin and wanting to snap sideways in a straight line, in third gear around 3500 rpm at near highway speeds as it hits boost at half throttle in slightly damp weather is “enough”.

Even in a full size car, 500 wheel horsepower with a fat torque curve is “enough” unless you’re doing straight line high speed roll-racing and building a car specifically for it.

People see big horsepower cars on youtube and say “i want that” without thinking quite a lot without actually having ever driven something anywhere close before.

In a light car, even 300 wheel is heaps for street. And in a small motor (like 2L 4 pot) you’ll be faster point to point most likely with a turbo sized appropriately to give you a smoother less savage power delivery.

You have an ISX00?

For the truck, outer CV axle boots took a sh*t, will reboot the old ones to be backups.

1 Like

That’s great!

There’s a video of it in action.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Nope, not my car.

Figured, kind of high effort to get a third party to take a pic from the back seat haha. Got excited because I know a thing or two about IS300s having worked on them a lot (group of friends with them).

I always wanted a IS200 in my younger days.

2 Likes