L1's Garage

Cool! Judging from previous conversations we’ve had I assume you’re Jeep is a daily driver, and if that’s the case you might not want to weld your rear diff, but that would probably make the biggest improvement with off roading right now. The cons, more tire wear, and driving in snow is almost impossible.

Also is it auto or manual?

That sucks, but I can kinda understand where he’s coming from. Automotive project can last a long time a be very messy. You project look pretty straight forward though.

Probably take you less than 3 hours.

not my daily anymore.
the shit thing my manager keeps a trailer and a boat there but the owner won’t let me or my coworker store out jeeps

nah, I’m not buying a kit, all home brew, got most of the parts already just need some DOM tube

Weld that diff! What kinda off roading? My guess would be crawling.

Your welding it up?

If you’re dead set on keeping it so quiet, your best bet would probably be to move the OEM muffler. I haven’t really looked into resonators so I’m not sure what that would do. I though they were used to take the raspiness out of the exhaust notes not necessarily make it quieter.

i’ll keep the open diff for now, more interested in trails.

yup gonna weld my own together, also have a set of frame stiffeners since the unibody is like wet noodle.

Very cool. I haven’t done much welding yet, but a good welder is the next tool I plan to buy.

Haha, should of seen this when we cut the top off.
20171126_134625

1 Like

haha, looks like you caged it properly, flipping over on rocks isn’t really my idea of fun.

Not my Jeep, but I did help with the build quite a bit. My buddy did most the welding.
20171126_140236
I’m not in that picture BTW.

1 Like

If moving was an option I’d be all over it as I liked the OEM. I didn’t know this (bought the truck used) but it had a TRD exhaust (was still really quiet) and so the muffler was way bigger than the regular OEM one (that does allow the trac bar to fit). The muffler was fricken HUGE, would have been some creative cutting, bends, etc and still no guarantee to fit. I’m sitting on an IS300 resonator that only has a metal recycle in it’s future, figure its a fairly easy cut and weld where some strait piping is. IMO it will address that little bit of drone/resonance I get at around 2.1K 10"-0" vacuum.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but i really like the color scheme and the t-top on this one.
I have a terrible taste.
61136524-770-0@2X
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/monte-carlo/2033085.html

3 Likes

Very nice. I would take the Buick Grand National over it, but you can only get them black on black which does look good, but they all look extremely similar, which is kinda boring.
1987-buick-grand-national-5_600x0w

Nonsense. I would never say anyone has terrible taste, I might say you have different taste, but that’s good IMO. My choice of cars are station wagons, and 80 to 90s hatchbacks, which I’d say is pretty different.

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE Grand Nationals, all g-body GM products tbh, they’re all out of my ballpark, but maybe in the future i’ll manage to get one. What really makes the GN special for me is the inclusion of a V6 Turbo instead of a V8, it was quite unique for the time.
And the GN, if shod in CCW’s Classic line, is just perfection embodied.
ericsgn

4 Likes

Yes, GM unfortunately doesn’t turbo enough of there cars IMO, but when they do they’re amazing (GN & Syclone).

They also don’t put enough manuals in there cars either (GN & Syclone). I still love GM though, and I’m a proud owner of a 99 Blazer with the relatively hard to find 5 speed (Blazers are way better without that garbage 3 speed auto).

If you remove your head and see this . . .

you are about to have an expensive day.

Best guess is he snapped a valve stem and the cap bounced around in the combustion chamber A LOT.

3 Likes

Yes it is. Not really sure what all it’s getting used for, probably mostly stupid stuff. There really won’t really be much towing for it though, when I have something to tow 1/4 ton suspension won’t really cut it (I typically move large quantities of scrap metal).

Robert Kubica

The time lapses that Hagerty has been doing are so good.

1 Like

Beauty. These cars have always topped my favorite list.

1 Like