L1's Garage

Yes.

All of my yes.

I talked about my hard on for vipers in a post a bit up. :smiley:
I won’t get back into it tonight.

2 Likes

Heh. Vipers are fat overweight barges that are slower than a Corvette :smiley:

Only for racing seats, just like helmets there’s a point at which where they aren’t strong enough to do their job at 100% capacity.

1 Like

Lots of stuff in sanctioned racing has time limits on use. Seatbelts, suits and now seats come to the top of my mind. Some can be re-certified. FIA, NHRA, AHRA, all the various off-road race sanctioning bodies, etc.

Maybe, but Vipers look way better.

1 Like

Bad news with the Toyota pickup brought it to my mechanic to fix the pinion seal in the rear diff and discovered the pinion bearing is bad… So now it’s time to rebuild the rear end. RIP bank.

Otherwise he said its a good truck he looked over everything for me couldn’t find anything wrong.

2 Likes

At least it’s not the bottom end of the block.

2 Likes

I’ll be pretty happy when I get ahold of this:

3 Likes

Is that actually happening?

Because jealous

2 Likes

That’s my dad in the right of the photo. As long as he doesn’t sell it, yes, it’ll happen.

The wife won’t be so happy, but whatever, she doesn’t have to ride in it :joy:

2 Likes

Lucky bastard.

What model year is it?

1 Like

2004 IIRC

Ah, that’s pretty sweet.

Never even seen one in person, let alone been inside.

Looks about right. That red is wonderful.

There are some quirks, like being able to bash your head on the door if you lean forward to step out. You basically just swing your legs out and stand straight up.

1 Like

My Miata has the same thing, but with the A pillar.

Yeah no shit I’d keel over I’ve only driven it 20 miles so far.

That’s a high price per mile. :smiley:

If you’re buying a good condition old car there’s always going to be a few little things here and there. I don’t think any less of your amazing deal with such a small problem. Probably won’t even cost you $100 to do it yourself.

WTF you lucky bastard.
Very cool that you even know someone with one of those, but it just so happens it’s your father, and on top of that you have a good chance of getting it. I don’t think I’ve ever been so jealous. Haha

2 Likes