L1's Garage

I think DIY autotuning supports the LS series heavily.

Designed in the UK.
Built in Virginia with a 300HP supercharged Honda Accord engine made in Ohio.
1,700 pounds. Weight not currency, this is a 'Murican car.

I love when Jay screams and cackles like an idiot. The guy knows how to have fun!

4 Likes

But on the ms3 note, anyone run the Greddy emu? AEM FIC? Split second o2 enricher? I’m kind of an ems junky.

Alright, turns out I do need* tires for when summer rolls around again. I’ve narrowed it down to four selections after some research. 205/55R16 if it matters.

• Sumitomo HTR A/S P02
  • Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring
  • Kumho Solus TA11
  • Falken Ziex ZE950

0 voters

*Well, it’s not really need, but more of a want. I could use my winters since they the tread is getting thin, but those are a little too soft for my liking.

I’ve just picked up my new car, less than 1 year old with 6000 miles - I paid around £11k less than brand new. 2.0 turbo diesel, pulls really well, with room for tuning via an engine remap if I get bored :smiley:

Leon_FR

3 Likes

Yeah, LS, RB, SR, and the JZ engines work very well with it as well.

Basically all the fun tuner engines.

IMG_20171119_153050
Nodded the emu, removed the little switches on the PCB, soldered on a header, harness and rockerswitch so I can switch fuel and timing maps when filling up on e85

3 Likes

Congratulations! I actually recognize that car from a video I watched a while ago.

I hadn’t seen that video. Funny though, the other top 5 cars were all ones I looked at but ruled out for vatious reasons (mostly budget or lack of estate/tourer options).

1 Like

My ride from 1985-1998 when a van hit me. I called it my Porsche in a box.

2 Likes

Not a fan of diesel, but it’s a good looking car, great deal too!

1 Like

Yeah, I was originally looking for petrols since I prefer them and the UK government is about to about face on favouring diesel as the green option (as far as taxation goes). On the bright side I already own a 2006 Mazda 3 sport with a 2l petrol engine which is usually used by my wife, who does the local journeys whilst most of my miles are on the motorways.

That reminds me of my first car. I wanted a Golf, but I ended up with a 1990 Austin Maestro that was painted bright yellow because its first owner had been BAA and it had speant its early life driving around Heathrow Airport. The daft thing is it got written off when someone drove into it. “I didn’t see you” she said - how the hell she missed a bright yellow car on a clear day I’ll never know!

1.3L engine, 4 speed manual, 0-62mph ~ 20 minutes.

1 Like

Ha Ha HA!

The exact same thing happened to me a week after I got my yellow Subaru WRX.
The landlord’s guy came in his pickup truck to cut the grass and backed into my door when leaving.
"I didn’t see it."
He just finished cutting the grass, how could he not know it was there!?

The asshole landlord made the poor fellow pay for my repairs out of pocket
(he didn’t want his insurance company to know).

I too had (have) a little hatchback.
89 Mazda 323 (my 2nd car)
1.6L, 83 HP, 92 lb-ft
4 speed manual
0-60 10.6 seconds (10.8 personal best IIRC)
I’ve gotten 39 MPG, but mostly ended up with 32 thanks to my extremely spirited driving.
Only option it had was AC.
20171123_102318
I had a lot of fun in this car, and have plans for it in the near future, involving a different engine, and boost.

I’ve also owned some Geo Metros, and my brother had a Suzuki Swift.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1475464568091
I still want one.

4 Likes

I still have dreams of doing a 3 link on my xj but don’t have the work space at the moment.

1 Like

All you need is a driveway. I did a turbo engine and auto to manual swap to my Volvo in my buddies driveway.

Do you do much off roading, or wanting to get into it?

I’ve done some, jeep is already lifted just want to take it to the next level.

sadly I don’t have a driveway (condo complex)
my work has a massive unused shop but the owner is an ahole

I finally finished installing a Bud Built trac bar on the ole’ Tacoma! Been sitting on it for a LONG time but the extra large TRD muffler was in the way- finally got a smaller (yet still quiet, I don’t want to hear my exhaust) muffler in and could slap in this trac bar I’ve been sitting on for years. Feels kind of weird to not have leaf spring binding and clunking anymore and the throttle response to power to ground response is so different now (no longer getting dampened by leaf flex). Now the bummer, the new muffler is not 100% as quiet as OEM, I’m thinking of slapping in a small resonator upstream as well.

1 Like