L1's Garage

Oh, yeah. Cleetus is great.

2 Likes

essential burnout instructional video is second in playlist :smiley:

Also i simply can not believe what he gets away with driving on the road in Florida.

Police here in Australia will give you a defect notice and send you to get the car checked for shit like shiny gauges or aftermarket pedals or whaever they don’t like.

2 Likes

Really? Some of the shit I’ve got away with… Burnouts in the parking lot of the police station… Teaching some of my students how to drift before they got their license. (parents really didn’t like that one)

Cops here use defect notices for “i don’t like you or what you are doing”.

I know people who have been sent for inspection for shit like half full washer bottles or sqeaky clutch pedals.

Damn. We have cops doing that with window tint and the like, but it’s really just an annoyance. Tint shops have “insurance” you can buy where if you get a fix-it ticket, you take the car down to them, they’ll pull the tint, get the car inspected and put the tint right back on, at material cost.

I wish someone would do this to my GTI

probably going to grab this whenever I grab the rusty car that will be my winter beater for the purpose of welding body panels and the frame/unibody on a budget. can’t really push anything more than a 1/16-3/32 rod with it thus it isn’t good for anything thicker than 1/8 but I can make it work. (note i’m a qualified GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, and SMAW welder I understand this machine is a dumpster fire) anyone have any different sub $200 suggestions?

From what I understand those harbor freight options are not as bad as people make them out to be. I dunno if it holds for the other machines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh51jPKeR9A
Ive got a Lincoln Electric and I am starting to wonder how much the guy paid for this to never use it. It now lives with me since i am more likely to use it for auto projects.

If I was looking for a welder I’d check Craigslist and FB for something used.

Hell yeah brother! AvE is great!

took my car to a show for the first time in a while. waited around for the owner of the black WRX before I left but he didn’t turn up :frowning:

4 Likes

I like those bugeye WRXs, I don’t understand why so many people hate them.

We never got the STI version till 04 with the blob eye and the WRX didn’t have a 2.5L till 2006 so they’re pretty meh. I think that’s all it really comes down to. though i suspect his was STI swapped based on all the STI parts… really wanted to ask him about it but like i said he didn’t turn back up :s

Just ordered this for the WRX i’ve already got a kenwood head and speakers just missing the bass.

1 Like

I was looking into a sub for my Spark. I was thinking about giving this a try.

Very limited on space, and I don’t want to give up what little I have, but I want it to sound good (I’d be surprised if this can deliver).

Been watching this guy because bored late at night.
Those clever Japanese people:

Called the S-Cargo, and looks like a snail. I love all these quirky af cars.

2 Likes

sigh.

seems my SS ute is affected by a common issue with the LS motor (mine’s an L98, basically an L76 with DOD removed) and T56 manual trans (seems the US camaro guys are all over the tech aspect of it).

Basically, the clutch slave cylinder overheats (maybe boils/burns the clutch fluid) and causes wierd clutch pedal feel (and sometimes stays down) if you give it a lot of shit. The slave cylinder is inside the gearbox bell housing. New clutch for me i guess (may as well if i need to take the gearbox off to do the slave; would be stupid not to do clutch at the same time).

Apparently the June 09 build of my car was fixed with the LS7 clutch. Mine is a may 09. Doh.

The bug eye has grown on me, and especially over here in Australia, they’re cheap because people hate the look of them.

The STi blacked out head lights look a lot better, and the bug eye have the non-glass gearbox (unlike the previous shape) which means 6,000 rpm clutch dump launches don’t end in as many tears.

I’d buy one, but the next shape (Fox eye?) is my favourite shape WRX.

That looks like a bad life choice.

I’d agree that it looks like it’ll sound terrible, but it’s only $100, and I can send it back if it’s trash, so I’m going to give it a try.

Space is at a premium.

I’ll build my own box if it does suck.

1 Like