L1's Garage

Damn, mine’s #4 most expensive.

Related, I’m looking at Salvage FR-S platforms for a new project.

Kinda wanna buy this. Salvage title 2016. Has to be something seriously wrong with it.

1 Like

Finally dropped my car off at my buddies place to have the transmission swapped. It’ll be a couple weeks, but I’ll go down there in a couple weekends to help do it. Until then he’s going to pick away at stuff and get it ready while he does other work on other cars.

The old 4 speed auto was on it’s last leg. He said the gear monitoring code is a very bad one.

And the 5 speed manual we’ll be putting in. And various other parts.

Also had two more boxes of parts and pieces and bolts. And a the two axles and a new clutch kit. Going to be a big job, but he’s done quite a few of them already.

3 Likes

Newer salvage cars scare the shit out of me because it’s mostly flood related, fire related, or unrepairable frame damage. If it’s one of the first two would probably still be viable to make a #racecar

Exactly. Contacted the guy and he sent me more pics of the car. No flood, no fire, so I’m worried it’s frame.

Also, it’s priced a good 30% below other salvage cars with more mileage and of older vintage.

I’m gonna file this one in the “looks okay, but will probably kill me” category.

Local guy just dropped the price on this truck $1500… makes me wonder.

might give him a ring.

4 Likes

My city is on that list
feels good man

truck buying struggle bus intensifies. just messaged this seller an hour ago eagerly waiting to hear back.

3 Likes

Anyone knowledgeable with Chevy 350s?

I’ve got a 1990 K1500. I changed the transmission (700r4) out on it a year or so ago, and haven’t driven it much since then. Now that my car is getting its transmission swapped I’ve gotta drive the big ole truck.

I’ve noticed that once everything is warmed up it idles rough, either in drive or park. I can smell the exhaust. It idles so rough I almost feel like it’s about to die, and I rev it up just a bit.

Not sure what would have changed. Throttle position cable? Something needs adjusting?

Carb of Injected?

First thing I would check is the fuel system (fuel pump, filter, carb/injectors) and intake control (throttle body, idle air control valve, etc)

Check your airbox. I’ve had rats make a nest in there before.

2 Likes

Injection, it’s got the throttle body.

I should check the air filter and intake. It’s been sitting for a while, wouldn’t surprise me if mice built a hotel in there.

1 Like

Nope, no mouse hotel.

I got home, parked and hopped out leaving it running. I pulled the air filter cover off and it still ran rough pulling air directly into the throttle body.

The engine shakes and jerks, though. I did change the cap and rotor in the spring. I better double check the order and make sure everything is hooked up right.

1 Like

That’s a possibility. Another would be the MAF sensor…

(It’s not easy to diagnose things over the net)

I know diagnosing things over the internet sucks. This might just turn into an episode of “trying things until it’s fixed.”

The wire order is correct, and the plugs are all nice and snug.

I’m almost positive there isn’t a MAF sensor involved here at all.

The pcv valve rattles, so I’m thinking that’s ok.

Maybe the EGR valve, and maybe bad gas. The truck sat for about three years with a quarter to half a tank of fuel in it. After I got it moving I filled it to the brim with fresh gas. So, maybe gummed injectors?

1 Like

Makes me so happy to see chill Subaru & Mitsubishi owners getting along. They’re going on a trip from Florida to Alaska.

I’m more of a Mitsubishi fan, but that STI swapped Subaru Forester is so cool, way cooler then that EVO 9.
1 Like

Was the EGR valve. Purrs like a kitten. A 28 year old kitten.

2 Likes

28 year old means it’s a dead cat. Ijs

It may be old, and ugly, and loud, but it’s mine.

1 Like

Old and ugly?
Time to sticker bomb and stance

Sure the choke is working properly? Could be stuck.

When you say you can smell the exhaust, do you perhaps mean you can smell fuel?

otherwise as per @SgtAwesomesauce

edit:
EFI as per above i’d be checking MAF/MAP sensor, temp sensor

If it sat for a long time it could indeed be bung injectors. I had a similar issue before with an EFI card with coil on plug ignition (SR20DET). Turns out water head leaked into the spark plugs and was shorting out the coils against the block or something.

If it’s not fuel it may be spark related.

When in doubt seafoam it out