L1's Garage

Well, it’ll cost you your pocket change lol.

Go test drive a Chevy Bolt sometime just for kicks.

True. I actually bought a 100w solar panel to experiment with, and I am pleasantly surprised at how well it works even with cloud cover.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve got 14KW of panels on the house. Kinda insane, when you consider. We figured it would be good to do the install in preparation for Electric vehicles since we’re going to eventually buy them. We are on net metering, so we pay the difference at the end of the year. We just got paid $3200 for last year. That’s about 1.7MWh, if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

I had a police officer pull me over and kept me on the side of the road for an hour to bust me for the window tint and yellow lights. He was using the onboard computer in his cruiser to search CopGoogle. He found no laws against yellow lights. My tint is in legal compliance from the dealer.

Your states laws may vary.

2 Likes

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4501:2-1-09v1

© Color of lights - No vehicle shall be equipped with a light of any color other than white or amber mounted on the front…

Amber is yellow

1 Like

That’s only a mild annoyance.

Quite a few cars have wheels. Some have tracks or other means of propulsion.

There was a period of time in France where all vehicles were required to have yellow headlights.

1 Like

Did you guys have someone install them or was it DIY?
I don’t have a house yet, but when I do I’ll start installing solar panels.

1 Like

Had an installer do it. Couldn’t get the nearly 20k off the whole thing if I went DIY.

Hmm. I haven’t priced out a DIY system yet, but I would have thought you could do it yourself cheaper. Guess I’ll have to look into this more sometime.

This is what I like about driving EVs

1 Like

We were in for about 45k before rebates. It was probably 10k worth of labor.

Also, I just didn’t have the time to do the installation.

1 Like

Just sold her, another old timer gonna enjoy it now.

1 Like

“The Lounge said ‘Hi’”

I was reading common used car myths and mistakes.
One is limiting your used car search to local cars, so I read where to find bargains.

I got lucky. My city is on the Least Expensive list.

Just got done painting my faded wiper arms. Good as new now and matches my satin black hood scoop.

So my Headlights are becoming yellow and fading used to be able to wax them and have them last a while but they’re quickly getting pretty bad. thinking of switching to JDM headlights when I replace them
US OEM (on my car)

JDM OEM

Paint your car this copper color.

What copper color? lol.