L1's Garage

WRECKFEST is a must buy! $45

I still play Bugbear’s previous game Flatout 2, 10 years later ($2 on GOG). I tried the Next Car Game beta but the driving wasn’t right yet. The final game is spot on. A perfect blend between accurate physics and arcade fun.

And it’s Hella Fun! It’s all about smashing and crashing. I love how sometimes a crash will bend your car and mess up the alignment. It’s the only racing game where you are rewarded for cheating by taking out the other drivers. Each crash earns XP for upgrades.

2 Likes

Damn, gonna have to check this out then.

1 Like

I just did a few races. On a 1/2 dirt + 1/2 paved RallyCross track, in a mud bowl Demolition Derby and on a paved Figure 8 track. Usually I try to drive clean. In Wreckfest that isn’t an option. My preferred technique is to go into a corner way too fast and ram another car off the road to slow down.

I am spending most of my XP on upgraded Heavy Duty front bumpers.

2 Likes

Pretty fun game. I need to play it more.

Just dropped my WRX off for transmission estimate number 2… was talking with the mechanic about my ideas for upgrading the transmission and he agreed with it all so we’ll find out soon what it’s gonna cost.

1 Like

Lmao.
5 Likes

shout out to the camera man in the window reflection at the end

GLHF

Try not to break it this time.

I’m pretty convinced the damage was done by the previous owner I did buy it with 100k miles after all. I don’t race it, I don’t auto cross it. I always rev match but never shift aggressively. This transmission rebuild will probably outlast the car.

The first step in any 12 step program is to accept responsibility.
Just sayin’…

1 Like

If you saw how I drive the car you’d agree with me but it’s the internet so it’s automatically my fault I know :slight_smile: 3rd gear has whined since i bought the car.

1 Like

I was being facetious. I hope you took it that way. This over the internet thing isn’t great for humor, is it? tho I probably should have put in “/jk”

1 Like

It didn’t come across that way thanks for the clarification haha

1 Like

Just sayin.
1 Like

In the future, a /s in spoiler tags or a smiley face or something might help the facetiousness come across better.

1 Like

That hurts…/jk

1 Like

I can’t seem to find an edit button when in my phone.

Edit for above;
I have a very low social IQ and am still learning to navigate, even after 56 years. Thanks for the suggestions.

Drove the Saab at night for the first time, the cornering headlights actually work and it’s pretty sweet.

1 Like

Saabs are pretty nice. My father worked at a Saab shop for a little while and he said they were nice cars overall. You can be in for a hefty repair bill if certain things shit the bed though.

I just used it as an excuse to share a RCR video. Also I don’t think the way you used it is what RCR was talking about.
I shouldn’t have posted that. Sorry.

Yes, I see the /jk

1 Like