L1's Garage

"do you need to mow bamboo forests at 30mph? well, we’ve got the machine for you!

2 Likes

You have no idea how serious my fucking grass is

If it was 85 here I’d do it, currently 97

is something going on @Skelterz @TeckMonster @SoulFallen because you seem to have derivatives of the same profile picture.

Yeah, if it was 95 I would take a week off from work, cover all my windows with quilts, crank the A/C, and go full neet mode.

1 Like

Someone hasn’t been to the lounge lately

1 Like

Tempted to just tell the transmission shop to put straight cut gears in my transmission.

can hear potential future girlfriend already yelling at me about my loud car in my head

2 Likes

Just tell everyone you have a really beefy supercharger.

1 Like

twin charged WRX? ayyy…

2 Likes

Here you go. Do something like this.
Soupedblue
No one will question the whine.

Found a place that sells legacy GT gear sets with WRX conversion parts this actually seems like the more practical version they’re just ever so slightly beefier.
http://www.flatironstuning.com/p-1686-2005-2008-legacy-gt-1st-4th-gear-set.aspx

Man. Even that is expensive IMO.

It’s really not that bad they don’t charge much of a premium.

1 Like

4 Likes

Closer ratio gearing

Oh my. Oh my oh my.

Kit for '99-01 RS

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Somebody found something nice for their car
:joy:

Miles getting some upgrades

If money wasn’t an issue and I wasn’t trying to sell the car I’d be all over it.

Close ratio transmissions are amazing.

So my choice of transmission parts for my 277HP 334 ft/lb producing engine are so far the Exedy stage 1 clutch and Legacy GT gear conversion kit which should be good for up to ~350lbs of torque to the wheels. Exedy oem flywheel will be installed if needed, and other parts as needed if additional things turn out to be broken upon disassembly.

Edit: the gears can handle 350lbs to the wheels the clutch only about 305 thought i’d clarify. I’m making 277 lbs to the wheels currently.

Current gear ratios:
1st - 3.454
2nd - 1.947
3rd - 1.366
4th - 0.972
5th - 0.738
Legacy GT gear ratios:
1st - 3.166
2nd - 1.882
3rd - 1.296
4th - 0.972
5th - 0.738

Pretty cool video of the process for converting a TDI from auto to manual. Makes me wish I had a two post lift. Maybe some day I’ll get one.

Still haven’t heard from the guy about doing mine. The torque converter stops working if I go on long drives, and it violently vibrates frequently.