L1's Garage

Nice! What year of GTI did you have?

Really, his content started going downhill (IMO) when he got the SC

SC?

Lexus. SC300

Basically when he decided to be Little TJ

1 Like

We need a bike in that garage. Lee Stuart get’s my vote. And maybe Motorcyclist Magazine. They do a lot of educational stuff, whether it be new bike info, or info on how to take care of your bike. Any new/prospective rider I’d refer to their MC Garage series. While not everything is covered, it def, gives them a good idea on how things work.
Also, Might throw Hagerty in there. Them rebuilds mate. Everyone has been posted here I’d wager.

1 Like

Another one I can’t believe I forgot.

I think the title is fine as it is…

It’s so lame though.

I’ll put it in the poll.

MK5 with the DSG, and I’ve still got it.

Ah, so it’s an auto. Do those sap power?

DSG uses 2 clutches instead of a flywheel, so I doubt it saps much more power than a manual.

1 Like

Got it. Are you going to try doing some mods to it?

All of my time has been spent preventing it from falling apart, now that I’ve got the Saab I’m probably going to get rid of it.

Ah. That makes since. Any plans for the Saab then?

I’d like to get it to at least stage one because >300HP. But it’s not a financial priority for me right now. One concept I enjoy is that nobody knows what the Saab is so it could be the perfect sleeper.

3 Likes

blew 3rd gear in my WRX this morning. I heard a weird but quiet rattle that seemed to correspond with my turbo spooling so to confirm my diagnosis of bad turbo I gunned it on the highway in ramp and away went 3rd gear. RIP 5MT boy was I wrong

1 Like

RIP in pieces.

Guess you’ll just have to get a 6-speed now. Such a shame.

1 Like

Driving hard and haven’t been Rev matching?

not about to drop 3 grand on a 6 speed swap with like 100k miles then not be able to use my $1500 set of rims. Rather just get a new/rebuilt 5MT

Edit: 6 speed is starting to look viable the 04 has 5x100 lug pattern.

1 Like