L1's Garage

Sometimes the torque and horsepower are even but i’ve never seen one make more power than torque. torque curve is almost entirely defendant on which turbo is on it too. Mine has a TD04 so it’s happy down low great for a casual cruiser/daily driver.

Also 6500 is my redline hence why the graph stops at 6466

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. It’s not gonna make 25lbs, but it’s gonna spool quick.

Yeah. Simply put there’s more moving parts, so more friction which = more loss.

1 Like

it’s split 80/20 in full traction and can adjust all the way to 50/50 when traction is broken. And yes between 1.5-2x the amount of power is lost over RWD.

1 Like

Geez, 1.5-2x. I imagine the spinning weight has something to do with it as well. I suppose the shaft driven bikes have a very similar lose in power to cars as well when compared to the Chain or even belt driven ones.

Probably no one cares haha, but my S10 has (factory specs) 190hp and 250 torque.

I think I heard bikes typically lose a really small amount something stupid like 5% or lower.

5-10 is the number I am general quoted from people. Some like to claim 3%.

I’m a Mazda guy, I like engines that rev to the moon. :smile:

New project goals: Make more power than @soulfallen (yep, calling you out)

1 Like

Here’s the source if you want to print one out for your extremely slow 4cylinder

1 Like

Shouldn’t be too hard.

From a Miata.

I could just roll my benz on the dyno and put up numbers in the low 300’s, but that wouldn’t be fun.

at the wheels or the crank? if it’s at the wheels that won’t be too hard since you’ll be using a RWD platform lol. GL making more torque though

At the wheels.

Nah, you’ve definitely got me beat on torque. My car’s rods give up about 260-270, so until I decide to rebuild (at which point, we’re looking at 400RWHP), I’ll be happy with 230wtq.

1 Like

If you surpass me on power i’ll have no choice but to upgrade my injectors and go to 20 PSI for another 40 horsepower.

2 Likes

Do you have a list of mods for that car?

Looks like at least exhaust and wheels.

Me too!
Though I can appreciate a torquey (doubt I spell that right) engine.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I love the Benz. 303hp, 315tq

1 Like

No but I can list it best as possible.

Alpha Motorworks (my grade school buddies company look em up) custum turbo back catless exhaust (with 18 inch resonator no muffler)

Some ebay air filter housing with a custom sized K&N air filter

Fortune auto 500 series coilovers

STI swaybars

Kartboy solid shifter bushings

Enkei NT03+ 18x9.5 Black rims

Some ebay HID kit with 5500ks

MOMO Nero Shift knob

Forget the lug nuts but they’re aluminum anodized to a dark gray color.

Kenwood bluetooth head unit

^that’s literally everything

2 Likes