L1's Garage

Alright, clutch is in. Not that I have any pictures. Let’s just say it’s bitey.

Moving on to safety. Next purchase is the front brakes; Wilwood Dynalite calipers with Wilwood 11x.810 rotors.

Throwing steel lines on front and rear while I’m in there, those rubber hoses don’t really do the whole “stop” thing very well after 25 years.

1 Like

Very nice. You had a shop install the clutch?

Yeah, they also did the rear main and transmission input/output seals.

Probably need to top off the transmission now.

Cool deal. Yeah, I had to top off the S10s trans a couple of times after the swap.

Yeah, the gears feel a bit crunchy, so I’m gonna run to the local parts store to see if they have the fluid I use.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

gEt OuT oF tHe WaY i HaVe A 4 CyLiNdEr

1 Like

Graph?

1 Like

What are your numbers?

1 Like

give me a minute I’ll get it out of my paperwork stack.

2 Likes

I’m going to make a guess just for fun. 230hp.

I was going to say low 300

Those are STI numbers though (I think).

Not a bad guess. loses ~60HP/TQ through the AWD drivetrain.

@SgtAwesomesauce If you’re guessing crank horsepower you’re not far off.

2 Likes

How about a 200 with only 450lbs? Motorbikes too OP for 4 cylinders. On another note, car has stickers now. Not a word was said about the welds. Although the shop did do a small amount of welding to the exhaust. Had a leak. they charged 200 for it. Eh, wasnt worth it to take it back and do it myself. Needed it done by the end of this month.

1 Like

Yeah, I always work with crank. Do all subarus make power like that?

elaborate? like same curve, same realm of power, what?

Man. Now I feel like I need to dyno my Volvo.

More torque than HP.

I see your dyno only goes to 6466, but even if you don’t rev it all the way out, you’re starting to fall off around 5600.

Question from a guy who has never owned AWD. Does it lose more power then RWD shaft would? I understand power is split usually something like 60/40 or 70/30 between the wheels.