L1's Garage

Are you me?

1 Like

Yes, we live in a simulation and it hiccuped when spawning you in, so it thought you failed, and spawned you in elsewhere, but the first you ended up going through, and here we are, two of the same person.

[Insert interesting car fact here]

2 Likes

I was about to buy a house but then i had to buy a damn car. half my savings gone. I’m hoping to be back up to my goal before the year ends, so I can start looking again.

2 Likes

I had my goal saved in February, but then I had health issues, so I couldn’t look. Just got a clean bill of health last month and looked at the market: up 10%… Yay, time to save more.

1 Like

So back on topic, I had to leave a bit before it was done, but at 1:45AM I got this picture from my friend:

Now we take it back to his garage to clean and paint, then back here for the swap.

1 Like

@SgtAwesomesauce this can be your Miata.
(Never shared an Instagram link hopefully it works).

This guy is always building up those 1.8 BP’s

1 Like

Haha, that seems like something I should do.

1 Like

That wheel spin at 95 haha.

Eh, someone’s running stock wheels. Miata are so light that if you put decent wheel/tire setup, you can’t burnout in first without significant power gains.

1 Like

Don’t know if he was running these on the street, but he got these in.

Honestly it kinda sounded like the road got a wee bit wavy.

Haha definitely. He was absolutely on a freeway.

BTW, if a cop sees you with those on, that’s an instant inspection referral in Cali, so I wouldn’t run them ever. Plus, I’m totally happy with my Yokohama S Drives.

1 Like

Took some pictures this morning before heading out for the day. Time for a trip to Harbor Freight or Tractor Supply.

20180617_090944

20180617_091126

20180617_091152

20180617_091140

20180617_091004

20180617_091043

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

Something about those blocks of wood looks pretty sketchy to me. I hope you gave it a solid bump to make sure it doesn’t go anywhere.

You’ve definitely got some work cut out for you. On the positive side you’ll be learning so much about body work. Have you made a check list of what the car needs?

Good android apps are Google Keep or Color Note if you don’t want Google.

1 Like

Even northeast cars shouldn’t be rusted that bad. :frowning:

It might be easier to find a rust-free shell and swap the components over than to try working on this. It looks like the rust continued to the doors.

2 Likes

Don’t know why I didn’t think to suggest that especially since it’s my bread and butter.

1 Like

You should see my brother’s car… I’m surprised it hasn’t died or fallen apart yet.
no power steering left, more rust on the panels than KemoKa’s, one strap holding the gas tank up, among other issues.

Yes, but what year?

2004 neon

All the beauty of no inspections haha.