L1's Garage

Sparco Terra looks rally-ish without paying the OZ price.

Although OZs are nice because they’re made in Italy apparently.

1 Like

Haha, that’s funny. I’ve been working on a new profile picture for me that is a spinning Dorito.

I’m removing the text, and probably going to bump up the speed to help smooth out the animation.

Rotaries are like the only engines that I could take apart and fix. I know every little issue they can have from just reading about them for 6 years straight.

2 Likes

You going to get your self a RX car?

Alright, today begins the project of all projects. We are pulling the old, lethargic straight 6 and 5 speed from my friends e30 and dropping in an LS1. This can only motivate me even more to get the Miata turbo finished. :smiley:

More importantly, we are using his bosses shop to do this swap, so we have full access to a lift and awesome tools. This is gonna be a fun weekend. (not that I think we will have it done by Monday)

1 Like

Your friend making a drift car?

Nice. I’m probably going to LS swap in my S10 instead of boosting it since I already have a turbo car, so I want to mess with a N/A V8. I’ll be interested to hear how it goes.

1 Like

Nope. Just very fast. He’s scared of the torque, so he’s installing an auto trans.

Will do. There will also be pictures.

1 Like

[insert confusion here]

3 Likes

He wants it to be something he can drive all the time. I told him that with a factory clutch and good tires, he will be fine, but I couldn’t talk him out of it.

He’s primarily concerned with accidental wheelspin in front of cops or something like that.

Vehicle ruined. My only regret doing the v8 swap on my s10 was using an auto.

2 Likes

Ehh, it’s Legos to swap it to manual, so I don’t really care.

How much power is he shooting for?

The way your talking, it sounds like 600+.

At the moment, looks like 500 NA. Nothing too crazy, but the car is probably gonna weigh 2300lbs.

We are expecting this to run close to 10s.

1 Like

Hmm. TBH that amount of power would probably scare me in that too. Though I’d probably just tune it down, and tune it up as I got more comfortable.

Yeah, we can always pull fuel out of it, but it is a stock ecu, so that would probably be done with a fuel pressure regulator.

Also consider that the original engine makes probably 80hp right now.

Keep in mind those ECUs are completely tunable. Just have to find a shop around with the tuner tool.

Ah, didn’t know that. :D. Super happy to hear that.

1 Like

Full fuel map and everything.

You can even boost it with the stock ecu.