Audio Issues w/ Asrock Extreme6 Motherboard

Hi,

Recently my computer has been having some strange audio issues with both the front audio ports AND the rear ones. I have tried everything from disabling drivers, reinstalling them, disabling them, and even went into the BIOS to try and fix it. No luck. Right now, I'm without sound, and this is really frustrating me. My headphones are Razer Tiamat 2.1 headphones, and I have confirmed on multiple devices that my headset aren't the issue. They work on my brother's computer, my phone, and his phone. 

The problem I'm having is that when plugging anything in and attempting to play sound (music, sfx, etc.) it doesn't go trough. Instead, what's heard through speakers/headset is just a humming noise with the occasional crackle/scratch. Occasionally, after unplugging the headphones and reinserting them, one side of the headphones work for a brief moment, then ceases to work anymore. I have not had this problem in the past. 

Should I go ahead and remove everything from my computer and send return it to Newegg? I have searched the internet for a few days now, and I can't seem to find a solution. Also, would a sound card fix the problem?

Have you been through all the setting in the control panel?

>sound, speakers - properties, so forth.

>When did you first notice this happeing? Was there something installed recently that could have corrupted something?

>If you have the time run a linux distro even just a simple one like lubuntu, run it off a usb or dvd and dont install it. Then try and play some music. If it works then then there is a software/driver fault in windows. If there still isnt any audio RMA the board.