ATX boards for mobile CPU's?

So I have a few classes of CPU I like to use for all sorts of things. From single thread optimized machines to multicore monsters. However, what I have a lot of right now that I need to verify and test is just… mobile CPU’s. At that some cool ones.

On hand I have a Core 2 Duo E8315. This is a chip that, in the right chassis, can be tricked to use all 6mb of cache like an older intel CPU, rather than like a small ram hub. So its always full, always going. I want to play with this CPU and a few more but I only have laptop boards that accept them, and no modded bios’ for those boards. I’ve done a few searches, but nothing immediate popped up

So you are specifically looking for old motherboards that accept specific mobile CPU’s?

Desktop boards that take mobile chips, yep. Like the old aopen boards that took pentium M’s. I need to document what each chip I have is capable of and compile a document for ppl to use.

I think you best bet is either ebay or the Asian market variants of ebay. There are some very weird and strange motherboards out there for these things. LTT has done a few videos on oddball motherboards they got from Asian ebay-esque websites.

Wouldn’t hurt to try matching, basing the search on your socket callout(s)

I’m on 16KB internet at home take it from here

I buh I uh what the fuck

I ask shit on here cuz I’m bad at searches lol jesus wtf is that

ok looks dank I will be looking into that. Didn’t even think of that. Who makes this shit lol

You’ll have to wait until after Christmas then I don’t have internet at home

1 Like

I just can’t fathom that in 2021. Web browsing alone has to be almost unusable at those speeds. I imagine you’re already on the Starlink waiting list and fantasizing about that day the dish shows up on your front porch. :star_struck:

Talk about being stuck in the dark ages!!!

1 Like

wow I feel bad for you with that connection.

Ok threads over clear out n go to the lounge

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.