Attempting to move Data from old QNAP to new Unraid, help needed

Hi Guys,

I have hit a brick wall, long story short I had this almost completed before Christmas and had a catastrophic drive failure and had to restart and now its not working for some reason. (If I’m honest I am starting to think that the way I thought worked didn’t and it was all a dream :rofl:)

So, QNAP server with old data and new Unraid server, both in the same room wired directly into the router. PC I access both from on a electricity over wire connection on other side of the house with currently not a great connection, which is why I was trying to FTP the data directly from one to another.

QNAP server has FTP service turned on

• port as standard, port 21
  • Anonymous connections allowed
  • Unicode supported (although I also tried to without)

Unraid side I was trying to use Krusher which I had thought I had used before but inexplicably its not working this time. Logging in as a guest with user and pass empty
I get this error

However then QNAP shows me this :man_facepalming: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve also tried logging in using the admin password for the QNAP server and the exact same thing happens

I have also now installed CrushFTP but I cannot figure out how to use it to connect to another FTP server, anyone know where I can find a guide on that? I’ve looked and read guides but its all about their GUI and dragging and dropping files which I don’t want to do.

Just to clarify, I can technically drag and drop the files from one server to another but then they will go through my PC halfing my already shitty connection and it takes an eternity and I have 10TB of files to copy across, its just not feasible like that

Any ideas?

rsync not an option?

1 Like

Ok, I have no idea why, like literally no idea, but I created a new user on the QNAP server and logged in using that one through Krusher and it worked
I checked the admin privileges and its all good, plus worked last time and I have not changed any setting on QNAP, in fact it has been on since, never even rebooted because I was afraid it wouldn’t work again

At a complete loss but its working now