Asus's Z97 Mainstream Line is Dull

Would be nice if they offered different colours other than blue, gold and red.

We need more green! We had a green line of motherboards until Gigabyte changed that for Z97.

The DFI board does look a bit outlandish imho, and i agree that the new boards are a little boring. My major problem is I would like to do a color coordinated build in the near future, Kind of hard when the gaming oriented boards damn near all red and black. But i guess that is what the end users want.

The new ASUS board that came out recently is IMO the best looking mobo in existence at the moment. It would look great in my black + white themed Define R4, but it's like $400 so....

I really do wish for the customization of PC's and mobo colors, but it also needs to be fairly chepish. I wish they would make the mid and lower end boards that people like me can afford look good too!

the X99 deluxe is a littlebit cheaper, same color theme

I would 100% put something like this in my system. I wish my DIMM and PCIE slots glowed under my blacklights

The new boards are classy, not kids toys. However that glow in the dark one does seem cool. but it would be ugly as fuck without the glow.

Can I not has a motherboard that is red/black or blue/black theme? Can I has a motherboard that is Green/black theme like the old Gigabyte G.1 Sniper series from the Z87 days?

yes you can, just buy a gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87 :p

THe picture I posted is the X99 Deluxe...

oh  shit DFI, brings back memories.

ah i though it was the WS. didnt watched the picture close enough lol.

Anyway there is also a Asus X99-A with the same color scheme.

My First custom PC's mobo

ABIT KN8 Ultra

And my favorite motherboard I ever had (Except my current one:) )

DFI LP DK 790FX-M2Rs

I also miss DFI :(

I have this board in my old Socket 775 p4 rig.