Asus WRX80E maximizing memory bandwidth

I’d like to make sure that I utilize the full available memory bandwidth on my Threadripper Pro 3975WX build.

I understand that putting 8 sticks of 3200 single rank memory will give me the full bandwidth (204 GB/s theoretical). Can I expect half the bandwidth with 4 sticks of single rank memory?

Will using 4 sticks of dual rank memory give me the full bandwidth as well? Is the “Memory Interleaving” option on the motherboard relevant here? (Disabled or Auto is available, judging by the manual)

TRPro has 8 channels. One memory slot for the WRX80 board equals one channel. You need to populate all 8 ram slots for maximum bandwidth. No if ands or buts. Anything less and you shouldn’t be on this platform.

1 Like

Indeed populating all channels is what I went for, for the exact reasons you describe. I went for the Micron MTA18ASF4G72PDZ-3G2E1 sticks of the compatibility list and so far experienced no issues with 0405 and 0701 bios on the Asus wrx80s board.

Thank you for the reply!

Curious as to why you went with the dual rank memory over single rank?

Quite simply capacity. I don’t think there are sticks beyond 16GB that would be single rank.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.