Asus WRX80 loading device drivers in windows setup

Asus WRX80 Sage Wifi. I am trying to install OS. However, the Windows installer stops at the load device driver step. Tried every Asus WRX80E-SAGE SE WiFi driver available via the Asus support website. Tried Windows 10, 11 Server 2019, and Server 2022. Linux Mint loads from USB right through to desktop. Still cannot load Linux drivers. Please help! Arrgh!

Device drivers

That sounds like Windows Setup isn’t detecting your storage controller due to it being fairly new. Below is a direct download link to the Asus storage driver or your can browse Asus’s website to Drivers & Tools → Windows 10 64-Bit → SATA → AMD RAID Driver V9.3.0.266 for Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11 64-bit.(WHQL)

When on the screen in your 2nd screenshot click browse and load the options in the NVMe folder. Not sure which of the three it is but one of them should work and allow Windows Setup to detect your Seagate drive.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketTRX4/Pro_WS_WRX80E-SAGE_SE_WIFI/AMD_RAID_Driver_V9.3.0.266_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit.zip

Thanks for your response. I will try to use the driver you suggest. though I must point out that I am not using RAID and the Hyper m.2 device has been removed. I want to try the basics first.
When I tried to load Windows 7 32 bit the keyboard froze up and the mouse doesn’t respond. Windows 7 64bit has the same issue. Yet the Keyboard and mouse work in FreeDOS. I will try flashing the BIOS with the new bios file too.
:woman_technologist:

The are labeled RAID but they should also work in AHCI mode. You should have no trouble getting Windows 10 or 11 working but I wouldn’t hold my breath on Windows 7. I’d be amazed if any of your chipset drivers were backwards compatible with it.

Defective parts ASUS wrx80E. Sadly this motherboard has never worked. At first, it was noted that on an attempt to install Windows Server 2022 operating system(OS), that the setup would stop; asking for drivers. After trying all supplied ASUS WRX80E on the DVD, Windows would not accept the drivers. The USB keyboard and the USB mouse would not respond. I tried removing all but the basics, no RAID, added a SATA drive to see if this would help. This is strange as the Keyboard and mouse respond in the BIOS setup. On trying a different OS Windows server 2019, Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7, and finally Linux Mint. I came to the conclusion that something is amiss with the Motherboard itself. So this morning I scanned the MB with a microscope. After an hour or so of investigation, I discovered that there is a blown component at the bottom of the board next to the Micro SD slot. It does appear to be a resistor, some carbon deposits; which I have shown in a [short linked video https://www.scot-tec.co.uk/WRX80DeFeCt.mp4] I wiped this with the corner of a soft tissue which is the lines you see. There appears to be some track damage there. This is a stop progress situation. A replacement WRX80 board is needed

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.