Asus UX501VW SSD replacement

Working on replacing the SSD for this, I’m using the old one for another system. It shipped with the 512GB Samsung 951.
I’ve asked a few SSD manufactures about compatibility issues I’ve been having with various SSDs I’ve ordered. Started with a Crucial B+M Key, which I thought was fine. They then told me I would need an AHCI compatible PCI-E drive, but their PCI-E drives weren’t really in the price range I was looking for. I spoke to ADATA about their XPG SX8000 line, and purchased a different drive by mistake, and have now recived the SX8000. However I’m still getting the same issue I had with the last drive (Which according to specs should have worked, gen 3 PCI-E x4)
The issue is the drive is detected by windows installer, but no the UEFI. Now I’m starting to suspect that it may be some thing related to secure boot, or the TPM in this system. I’d prefer to avoid picking up another Samsung 951 if possible, since they are a bit out of the price range I’m shooting for.
Currently trying to keep the price around 80 dollars for the drive.
Things I haven’t tried yet: Reflashing bios to an older version (Currently on latest version), pulling CMOS for a while, putting the drive into another system first. Other then that I’m kind of at a loss. (I’d like to avoid putting the drive in another system, since accessing the other system requires removing the motherboard.)
Any one have any ideas?