ASUS Tuf Gaming VG32VQ 32” 1440p/144Hz

A coworker is trying to get me to buy one of these from him. Any experience with it, or other thoughts? The main criticism I’ve seen of it is a possible backlight bleed problem. I do get to try it out for a few days before committing.

I haven’t used that particular monitor, but if they are letting you try it for free, then your best bet is to try it and see if you like it. Consider how much they want for it compared to a new one. Check it for any damage and try all the input ports to check for problems.

1 Like

Never used it, but when someone is trying to get you to buy something from them, that usually sets off my Spider Senses.

1 Like

I’ve gotten the monitor hooked up to a Vega 56, and Cyberpunk wasn’t all that impressive, but man Fallout 4 was responsive as heck. I’ll have to try dialing back the settings in CP2077 to see if I can get the same kind of responsiveness

This monitor has what I call fake HDR. I.e., it can accept an HDR signal, but doesn’t have local dimming. It makes very little, if any, difference to picture quality. The only device I’ve seen where fake HDR seemed to work well was on a recent model MacBook Pro running Baldurs Gate 3. Fake HDR actually made a noticeable difference there, though I don’t know why it worked well on the Mac display and not on the Asus.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.