ASUS Strix GTX 1080: Machine Learning and More! | Level One Techs

Your free to your opinion, I simply made a remark to that comment, I still think the machine learning bit was genius

That part was fine the over half video add prior was the issue

:+1:

it's cool...

1070 is totally fine. its about 2/3 the speed of this 1080 and 5/6 the speed of a FE 1080 for ML
they just got tensorflow working okayish on windows too, so its should be accessible to everyone

1 Like

When memory bandwidth is so important, HBM style memory would beat GDDR5x?
Not sure how possible it is, but could you test the R9 Fury/FuryX?

Deep learning / Machine learning (xgboost and lightgbm) frameworks only works with nvidia gpus

I want this GPU so badly. I want to make a X79 KVM GPU passthrough tutorial video for people that use those older platform motherboards with LGA 2011 Xeons, and a OBS 4:2:2 color sampling capture tutorial with a game render GPU and OBS canvas GPU allocation using a custom FFmpeg output. Both these tutorials require me to have a 1080 and a 1060 running together (I already own a 1060) but I hear stock of these cards is running shortā€¦

Itā€™s likely the GDDR5X shortage has caused this card to not be produced in enough volume and now Iā€™m not even sure if itā€™s going to be restockedā€¦ Once I do have the card though, Iā€™ll have another 5 year system because my Xeon is clocked high enough to reach R5 1600X levels of performance.

Edit: Oh crapā€¦ Looking at the MSI Gaming X+ 1080 stock, I think they legit discontinued this cardā€¦ I really desperately need this STRIX card now.

Edit #2: Managed to put down a deposit for this card! Iā€™m hoping by the 20th of December, Iā€™ll be able to have it in my hands to do all sorts of testing with it.

The last one EVER sold in Canada.

2 Likes

like the GPU but the ipad needs to leave /s

1 Like

That was the quickest way to make the cat say ā€œ2300!ā€

1 Like