ASUS ROG Strix B550-F gaming yellow LED using voltage regulator

I’m running into a problem with my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming when using a voltage regulator. When I finished building my PC and tested the first post it went without issues, then I turned it off to finish the cable management and turned off my voltage regulator.
After finishing cable management and putting the panels on I tried to turn it on again but got no post, just the yellow LED on the board that indicates an issue with the DRAM. I had to use the reset button on my case to get to the post screen.
I checked my cables and they’re correctly plugged in.
My process to get to post is as follows:
Turn off PC → Turn it on again: post
Turn off PC → turn off voltage regulator → turn on regulator → turn on PC: yellow LED and needs the restart button to post.
My specs are:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 3200MHz (2x8gb)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4gb (I know)
PSU: Corsair RMX 2021 850W

Edit: I’ve found some posts on other places saying that they also had that problem with the same motherboard when after unplugging the PC and plugging it back in so it seems to be a general problem with this particular model. Guess I’ll have to get used to having my PC draw power even when it’s off.

What exactly do you mean with “voltage regulator”? Is that the PSU (power supply unit)? If so, there’s a BIOS setting regarding power-on after power-loss. Change that to “Always ON” (or similar) so when you turn the PSU on it automagically switches on the PC again.

It’s just an outlet peak supressor. I connect my PC to it and it has its own switch so when I turn it off is like unplugging the PC from power

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.