ASUS Pro WS x570-ACE BIOS update numbering

Hi all,

I noticed earlier this month that ASUS released a BIOS update for this motherboard, so I decided to wait until I swapped my RAM out today to update the BIOS. However, there is now a weird discontinuity between BIOS versions. From the page here.

Version 0803 - 2019/08/06
Version 1001 - 2019/09/12
Version 0902 - 2019/09/20 (when I try and load this one, the date in the BIOS flashback utility is actually 2019/08/28)

The details for 1001 are:
Pro WS X570-ACE BIOS 1001
Update AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.3 patch ABBA to improve system performance
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (*.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

So there seemed to have been an issue where they suggested renaming. However, I didn’t catch this before I had downloaded and updated today. Then I went on to check if there had (by chance) been another version added, and there had, but it appears to be an older BIOS version, with a much older date. Now I’m confused. Has anybody experienced something similar, perhaps with any other ASUS boards?

On a side note, for anyone with more experience, I sometimes run into the issue where, upon restarting my PC (from Windows/Linux menus) it will hang on the post screen. No idea, what’s causing it, and just requires a quick reset and it seems fine.

Thanks.