Asus Pro WS WRX80E high board temperatures

Hi All,

First post here! I’ve been following the YouTube channel for quite some time and am excited to finally post in this forum!

I’m quite new to windows /pcs. Previously most of my time has been on mac. I’ve recently built the below system for 3D rendering work and today started exploring with HWiNFO64 v7.30-4870.

I noticed a few sensors on the motherboard look high, even when at idle and wondered if it may be a build issue I could fix?

1. Motherboard = 32c
  2. CPU = 39c
  3. Temp2 = 79c (highest = 88c)
  4. Temp3 = 93c (highest = 103c)
  5. Temp4 = 92c (highest = 103c)
  6. Temp5 = 97c (Highest = 105c)
  7. CPU (Weighted Value) = 32c
  8. CPU (PEIC Calibrated) = 11c
  9. Temp9 = 50c

Do I have anything to gain by improving these?
Should I be worried?

Does anyone know where these sensors are?

Build specs:

• Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI

• 5975WX

• 256GB RAM

• ASUS TUF-RTX3090-024G

• EVGA 2000w

We’re using a Noctua Nh-U14s Tr4with dual fans and 6 case fans.

Thank you in advance for any help! :slight_smile:

Someone else has the sam “issue” here: ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI - Higher than expected temps in HWInfo

Good morning, we have 6 of these builds in currently, I will try and take a reading off them once complete. I would assume these may be acceptable temperatures since chipset and board temperatures can be considerably higher than other components. This motherboard comes with two onboard mini fans, one for the chipset and one for the IO panel area. One thing I did note when unpacking these motherboards is that the fan grills are covered by a plastic film which should be removed, I assume you have removed this?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m the one who posted about this a few weeks ago and my specs are identical to yours.

It’s hard to say if this is “normal” or a bug with HW Info as there are other areas that are not properly reported (ie. RAM sticks)

I noticed that temps have gone down ever so slightly once I closed the side panel of my Fractal Design 7XL, so my thinking is that they are indeed temperatures.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the responses guys!

When the work day is done here I’ll get it up on the bench and see if I have missed any plastic coverings. I’m very sure I haven’t though.

I’m just nervous seeing temps at 105 and especially with no load. Seems high but it’s so odd I’m leaning towards a reporting issue being more likely.

Thank you so much for the fast replies. Sorry I missed a thread on this already, I’ll try harder to look next time.

1 Like

Have either of you connected to the BMC Remote Management to see what the temperatures say in there?

Hey Tim, no I haven’t, I actually haven’t been successful in accessing that and haven’t figured out why yet.

For the BMC setup, if you are looking at board flat on the bench you want to plug in the port closest to you, easier on DHCP enabled network, login is admin/admin. You can get IP from BIOS, server management section, under BMC network configuration. Can’t see any temps in the 100’s of degrees range but then I can’t see a sensor labelled as chipset in there either.

1 Like

When I log into the BMC on the latest firmware (1.17) I don’t see these temp sensors even listed, all I have on my board is CPU_temp and LAN_temp.

1 Like

I have the same thing:

root@zephir:~# ipmi-sensors | grep Temperature
16 | CPU Temp. | Temperature | 56.00 | C | ‘OK’
17 | T_Sensor Temp. | Temperature | 34.00 | C | ‘OK’
18 | LAN Temp. | Temperature | 60.00 | C | ‘OK’
19 | PCIE01 Temp. | Temperature | N/A | C | N/A
20 | PCIE02 Temp. | Temperature | N/A | C | N/A
21 | PCIE03 Temp. | Temperature | N/A | C | N/A
22 | PCIE04 Temp. | Temperature | N/A | C | N/A
23 | PCIE05 Temp. | Temperature | N/A | C | N/A
24 | PCIE06 Temp. | Temperature | N/A | C | N/A
25 | PCIE07 Temp. | Temperature | 40.00 | C | ‘OK’
26 | DIMMA1 Temp. | Temperature | 39.00 | C | ‘OK’
27 | DIMMB1 Temp. | Temperature | 41.00 | C | ‘OK’
28 | DIMMC1 Temp. | Temperature | 44.00 | C | ‘OK’
29 | DIMMD1 Temp. | Temperature | 43.00 | C | ‘OK’
30 | DIMME1 Temp. | Temperature | 36.00 | C | ‘OK’
31 | DIMMF1 Temp. | Temperature | 38.00 | C | ‘OK’
32 | DIMMG1 Temp. | Temperature | 36.00 | C | ‘OK’
33 | DIMMH1 Temp. | Temperature | 36.00 | C | ‘OK’
48 | PSU1 Over Temp | Temperature | N/A | N/A | N/A
49 | PSU2 Over Temp | Temperature | N/A | N/A | N/A

root@zephir:~# sensors | grep °C | egrep “Tc|IN”
Tctl: +54.8°C
Tccd1: +54.8°C
Tccd3: +49.0°C
Tccd5: +51.8°C
Tccd7: +45.8°C
SYSTIN: +35.0°C (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C) sensor = thermistor
CPUTIN: +45.5°C (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C) sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN0: +76.5°C sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN1: +86.0°C sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN2: +86.0°C sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN3: +91.0°C sensor = thermistor

I found this explanation:

So it looks like those are some sensors that are unused/not connected.

2 Likes

You know it’s interesting reading that explanation. It sounds like someone in the board design didn’t put a pull-down resistor on the sensor header so that when they’re not connected it’s not going to show high instead of low. :joy:

That’s just my speculation

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay, these are temperature readings that I got from the board. One thing I found odd, those temps that report at 100 degrees plus, all increased a couple of degrees when the system was under load.

BMC Temps from BIOS

BMC Temps Idle

BMC Temps Stress Testing

HWMonitor Idle

HWMonitor Load

The other funny thing I found was that Armoury Crates, ASUS’s board app, displays 0 degrees for the CPU.

@mark.linton the board sensors seem really limited on the BMC, as you will see in my screen shots I only had CPU, LAN, the rest were the GPU, and memory DIMMs.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.