ASUS PRIME X370-PRO BIOS update

Updated it just now, no issues so far.

Difference so far is my RAM kit Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Black CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 now boots without envoking DOCP, just chose the frequency (3000) in the dropdown, F10 and it boots first try. Cinebench score was a bit lower (1144) as opposed to 1151.

Set it back to DOCP and again reduced the kit’s default XMP voltage from 1.4 to 1.2 and all is fine again, Cinebench is back to ~1150 as well.

This is a R5 1600 NOT overclocked BTW.

1 Like

Not yet. Tempted to leave this one on the shelf as I’m pretty happy with my system right now… but as an update addict that probably won’t happen. Might install this weekend.

I actually installed it yesterday and nothing blew up, so … seems all good. :+1:

1 Like

Well I have 3805 installled, but

Same issues as 3803:

1. Chassis FANs PWM control still bugged
  2. My memory still not recognized out of the box and needs tuning

and actually it is worse for me because 3000MHz is not stable anymore so I am back to 2933Mhz and 1.3500V, I briefly tried to increase the voltage som more and gave up

So, from my experience, I would not advise to jump on theis release

As for testing memory stability, I found that the quickest method is … to reboot… (warm and cold) severtal times.

If the system takes a long time or several attempts to go through, it just is not stable and you need to revise the settings

Once the systems boot smoothly and concistently you should be fine

This is crazy I have the ASUS ROG STRIX x370 and I have a 3600 mhz RGB kit … (samsung b die OC’d from 3200 no problems)
. This was on the stock factory bios from the factory too. i only updated later for OC stability…

@MisteryAngel whats the low down on the memory issues are they still prevalent…

Its really interesting to see what happens and how sensitive a platform can be to memory. Thought those days were mostly gone

I don’t have a problem with the fan controller, you sure it’s not your fan?
Also, what memory are you using?

My Case Fans are the standard corsair ones delivered with the case Carbide R300

The PWM control did work with older version of the firmware (32xx), so I doubt they are the problem. and I obviously can live with the DC settings, just an annoyance

The CPU Noctua Fan worked from day 1, no issue there, the quality is better, no argument from me here

as for the memory here what is stays “in the tin”

Seems like there are lots of configs for that case, so still no clue what fans you are using.
Are those 3pin or 4pin? Any splitters or extensions?

Yeah, 2933 is normal for most memory kits if it isn’t B-die.

No splitter or extension on the Fan’s ==> direct to the motherboard

the connector is 3 pin wired, but you make me doubt about pwm compatibility

I had a look on the site and now i am not sure they are pwm at all!

(I also have a “SP120 quiet” from corsair and it is not PWM in it’s doc)

nut they do behave differently since update 3803 when “trying” the PWM mode

PWM fans are 4-pin.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification,
I thought that 3 pins were enough if all the electronics were on-board
1 for the power driving the fan, 1 for the sensor and 1 common

Kr

Domi

CMU32GX4M2C3000C15

This memory is not on the Qualified Vendor list:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X370-PRO/PRIME-X370-PRO_Memory_QVL_for_AMD_Ryzen_2000_Series_APU.pdf

Well whatever “performance improvements” per ASUS’ description on 3805 means, it’s apparently true. Best CPU-Z benchmark so far, nothing changed other than the UEFI update, nothing overclocked other than the DOCP XMP for the RAM. Cinebench is the same ~1151 as 3803 UEFI but that fluxuates a few points anyway.

Previous: https://valid.x86.fr/m7rtkj

Current: https://valid.x86.fr/yza8yy

thanks for looking it up,

but I bought it before i was sure about the the platform choice (x99 was still an option), the price was already climbing end of june last year, got agood price, it was the right financial choice :wink:

Anyway the the 16GB was on a compatibility list from corsair (or in the corsair forum), and the list growth with newer bios

With ryzen being more productivity oriented, the 32GB kit will not go out of fashion, so full support might still come.

1 Like

@noenken

4008 out, gonna go for it?

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I should be getting my 2700 today and I will run some tests on that board.

I have gone for it. No idea what it does for my measly 1600, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Says AGESA update. My guess is for the 2000 series, I’m running 1600 and haven’t updated because everything is perfect but I probably will. Chipset has an update, I updated that but from AMD not ASUS.

3805 can boot Ryzen 2000 series chips, haven’t tested further than that yet.

You are talking windows there, right?

I said it over on the Ryzen whatever thread but it might be more relevant here:

1 Like

Ok I’ve updated to 4008, no worries on my end. DRAM still runs at rated 3000 MHz and lowered XMP/DOCP profile voltage from 1.4 to stock 1.2.

Tried to push above to 3200 MHz at same timings etc. no boot, so be it.