ASUS PRIME X370-PRO BIOS update

I only wish that the changelogs didn’t say “improved stability” or “improved performance”, because that doesn’t tell me anything. Might as well say “Ok here’ the new one for you nerf herders.”.

Otherwise I’m very happy with my board. I’ll probably skip this version though as they come out so often, and am not running with any super high clocked RAM either.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’re gonna ever do a BIOS release for older boards like my P8Z68 or if I will just have to deal with forever having a ‘chink in my mail’.

:frowning:

Ya, the one that does their descriptions is one ‘of few words’.

1 Like

FYI, it’s been running stable lowering the default XMP/DOCP profile voltage from 1.4 to 1.3.

1 Like

What CPU microcode does it come with? Version 0x8001129 ?

8001129 is what HWiNFO64 is telling me.

Just flashed and restored previous OC, everything’s fine on that front. I’ll see if I can push all four sticks up to 3200MHz with this one sometime this evening.

1 Like

FYI:

I’ve been stepping down the voltage from the default XMP (DOCP) of 1.40, now at the UFEI’s default of 1.20 and stable for days now.

Interesting thread on Reddit about backflashing (or whatever we want to call it).

Will try messing with RAM today, got tired and lazy last night :grimacing:

1 Like

Running at 3000MHz (new stepping) at 14-16-16-16-34. Not sure how stable it is yet, but watching YT works fine. Maybe I’ll try the Witcher 3 next.

This is Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Hynix die. Two kits, actually, again 4x8GB.

This is just using DOCP settings but setting the main timings manually, 60 Ohms (just in case).

1 Like

I’m about to flash 3803, any major problems so far?

Huh, after reading through there I think I’m still ok on 1001.

I haven’t had any issues, still at 3000, haven’t tried anything faster yet.

2 Likes

Yeah I read a bit more and went for it. So far everything is fine.

2 Likes

Corsair LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000CL15 here - and running at 3000mHz for the first time also.
Did get it to post with 3404, but only the very first boot up, after that no POST and back to 2666.

With 3803 it seems stable, tried AIDA64 and some CS:GO- comp rounds.
I’m still at 1.4 volt, afraid to jinx it…

FAN2 stuck on 1200rpm on PWM, so switched to DC and Fanless under 70 C.

FAN1 works with 500rpm’ish on idle with PWM.

Was sooo close to selling the ram!

1 Like

OK, funny… Linux gamers running AMD-GPU, listen up:

After the update to 3803 I had pretty bad performance in games and Unigine Valley, only around 1800 points with the ExtremeHD profile. Disabling C-states brings it back to normal. In my case 2900 points. I’m not sure if I had that disabled before but it might be useful information anyway.

It’s been rock solid at 3000 MHz since, stable as far as I’m concerned now.

I do a lot of video editing and grinding encoding/transcoding as well as gaming. I’m a one box does all philosophy approach kind of guy, been building and troubleshooting PCs since Win 98… I have to say this is by far the best bang for the buck PC I’ve ever seen/had.

See OP for specs.

So I have my 1700 clocked to 3.8GHz at 1.35v, 3200MHz B-Die at 1.35v, C-states turned off, no performance preference or so…

I thought XFR was not active when overclocked but that seems to be not true. Was I just misinformed or is this kind of weird? I am looking at spikes of almost up to 4.1GHz on single cores sometimes. Of course it doesn’t go higher than 3.8 on all cores but still…

Finally I got the memory at 3000Mhz stable but with tweaking

first the DOCP setting sellection is bugged:

the spd setting s are NOT all taken in account properly see image
selection 1 is 16 instead of 15 ! (even if I reenter 15 manually)

selection 2 were auto and gave completely different value as shown in SPD table so I manually set all value as the in the SPD table and Got 3000MHz working for a while, but to really get it rock stable I had to raise the voltage to 1.37V

Ho yess … since CAS is 16 instead of 15 i set 54 for TRC instead of the 53 annouced in the SPD table way better than the 69 the auto setting had set for 2933Mhz

Now that the timing are better and the clock higher I do notice a nice difference :sunglasses:

So for the frustraded braves, like me, i would advise to manually set the SDP values in the DRAM settings to get the most of their memory if auto does not work.

Have fun

1 Like

3805 is out, anyone tried that? Also, are these BIOS versions already 2X00 compatible?

improve system performance,

that is as much it says on the tin,

No, not tested yet, maybe this weekend… too early for an easter egg ?
:wink:

new beta bios, too: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cx459ogewx949ll/PRIME-X370-PRO-ASUS-3907.rar