Asus MG279Q

can i play smoothly 144hz on this monitor and do Photoshop as it 551 on microcetner if i want a one with gsnych it cost 800 and taxes 50 dollars will i really notice anything diffrence

what specs are you running in your computer lol

P4
1 GiB of DDR

/s

i got a 970 gtx i may upgrade to a 1080 ti gtx

A freesync capable display will work just fine with an nVidia card, you just wont be able to use the active sync technology .

Sure there are some tweaks but its more headache than what its worth.

The 144Hz refresh will still be fine. As long as your can hit it in games. This is fairly easy with the 1080 Ti.
Some new games are not going to be hitting 144Hz constantly but they could be hitting 72Hz majority of the time as long as you don’t go crazy with raising the settings.

Curious, for photoshop, do you need accurate colors, gaming panels rarely have a calibrated or close to accurate colors.

The colors out of the box may be nice but it will most likely need a proper calibration.

I am not too sure about the performance of the 970 but I feel like it would be along the lines of a 60FPS 1440P card, again older games should have no issue.

In-plane switching technology for consistent, accurate color
The in-plane switching technology display found in the MG279Q gives you superior images, 100% sRGB color gamut, an astounding 100,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and wide 178-degree viewing angles for minimal distortion and color shift so you can share what you see onscreen with those around you and
i will try color calibrating later on

1 Like