Asus M5A78L-M LX3 vs Asus M5A97 R2.0

My friend is making a pc. He'll be using an FX-8350 and a 7xxx or one of the R9 gpus. He doesn't plan to overclock, but is hoping the 8 cores and the GCN will extend the life of this PC a bit (Mantle and all that)

The question is: What is the difference between the 760 and the 970 chipset? Are there any disadvantages to using the 760 over the 970? He doesn't plan on making a crossfire setup, so he only needs one slot. Also, he doesn't do any video or picture editing whatsoever. So I guess the two RAM slots are enough?

What about power, will the M5A78L be able to give enough juice to the 8350?

well i would recommend to go for the Asus M5A97 R2.0 in this case, because this board has a better powerphase design 4+2 and digi vrm instead of the 4+1 on that other board, micro 760  chipset boards are realy not made for the powerhungry 8 core.there isnt even a heat sink on the the vrm´s

If you can find the Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 board for a nice price then take that one, this is a special but hard to get board with 6+2 powerphase and digi vrm. also a good choice would be the Asus M5A99X evo R2.0 or the Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0

I know those 990X/FX chipset boards sounds a bit overkill, but if you wanne use the highend FX8350 then i would recommend not to cheapout on the motherboard.if he can afford it, then dear god go for the Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0

Thnaks. You're an Angel.

So it's about power? I see. What if he went and bought an FX-6300 instead? What kind of power would that one require since it's a six core?

And more importantly, will it bottleneck , say, a HD7950?