Asus is teasing some new X99 Motherboards

Asus comes with some interesting X99 board refreshes for Broadwell-E.
But they also come with a new baby the Asus X99 ROG Strix, which looks realy cool to me.
No connecting heat pipe between the major heatsinks is a bit of a bummer, would have like'd to see that.
For the rest all these boards have the same sollid 8 phase digi vrm from IR,
Similar to their previous X99 boards as far as i can see.
But i will update more information about the VRM cirquitry as soon as i know more about it.

2 Likes

There are also some leaks about a new Asus Rampage 5 Edition 10 board.
And wow that board is sexy.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/asus_rog_rampage_v_edition_10_has_leaked_online/1

1 Like

looks cool i wonder if that front IO is a separate DAC

And before anyone is thinking of switching to this board without carefully considering their performance

2 Likes

Well, it will be just like any other Asus product...
Their marketing will drown the world in... well... marketing, and sheeple will buy it right away. Couple of weeks later the reports of issues and stuff will suffice... But they will make their money.
Basically like Corsair...

Though my Corsair case does provide certain degrees of freedom, talking about space.

On another note, I am curious about the R V Edition. But need a new CPU and RAM. Fuck, pass.

There is no additional information about the Rampage 5 ED10 board yet.
Its probably an unofficial leak, but looks legit.
I personaly think that its just a ROG front io base.

Well, Asus X99 boards are pretty decent.
And i think if their pricings are true $339,- for the Asus X99 Strix Gaming,
that is not a bad price for the feutures it comes with.
Comes with Bluetooth and wifi, and its cheaper then the Sabertooth.

The Rampage 5 edition10 will be very expensive as to be expected.

because mobo benchmarks are a thing lol

3 Likes

Actually I am surprised nobody cares about those...
OC is a thing you can measure objectively...
Basic benchmarks are things you can also measure objectively.
Sound cards, network cards, additional USB/Sata controllers, all those things could be measured objectively.
Mobo benchmarks may not be a thing, but I am not entirely sure why it isn't...

1 Like

Love my x99-deluxe! Not going to be upgrading though. For those that are, just wait a bit. I got my board on launch and it killed itself and took my gtx980 with it, luckily not my 5960x. Asus fixed the issue with a bios update and my replacement board has been rock solid

If you allready own a previous gen X99 board its indeed not worth upgrading.
But for the people who want to jump to X99 Broadwell-E, it could be very interesting to look into some of the new refresh boards.
Most of the new refresh X99 boards adopted allot of feutures from the Skylake platform.
And there is also a new m2 storage interface connecton included on some of the refresh X99 boards for Broadwell-E.
Of course first and second gen X99 boards will also be compatible with Broadwell-E due a bios update.
But for users who want to jump directly to Broadwell-E would be better off looking at some of these new refresh boards.

1 Like

A motherboard is one of the most important parts of a system if you ask me.
In my opinnion people should exaly care abit more about it.

1 Like

I have been repeating that for the last 4-5 years in different forums and everyone laughs at me...

Yeah i know what you saying.
I have been active on allot of other tech communities aswell.
And i have seen similar things happen very often.
it makes me sad, to see people cheap out on a motherboard,
because they think it doesnt matter a whole lot.

Same with cases... They like to cheap out on cases to, because Intel is cooler than Amd and needs no cooling, so one fan in badly ventilated case for 20$...
However I am glad there are still websites that care and do motherboard reviews... I have seen some quite interesting differences. Something like 2-3fps in gaming, the cheap ram takes away 2-3 extra FPS...
Whatever. Features may look good, but this is just a feature list. The question is how well those features work. So motherboard reviews please. With performance testing etc...

Yes indeed, there are indeed only a very few reviewers that realy do interesting reviews on motherboards.
performance tests, overclocking tests, audio tests are all interesting.
Even more interesting to me, are the reviews that go more deeply into cirquit analytics.
I just wanne know which exact components are used on the motherboards and how the vrm cirquitry is designed.
I allways do deeply research into that.

Are there even speculations about the i7 6000 series for 2011-3, other than that they'll be numbered in the 6000s?

Yes creativity is coming back to gaming motherboards.. Fucking finally... Also hopefully everyone can move away from the oh hey let's all copy the lame "Scandinavian" plain box style cases which everyone is trying to do lol.. I want to see cool things and cases that come out with sleek looks like phantom 820..

That being said the motherboards have rgb that's fucking awesome.. Hope the controllers are not shit though

It seriously bothers me with the lack of X99 Micro ATX boards.. ASUS could of gave us a X99 GENE board. or an X99 Gryphon board..-_-