Return to Level1Techs.com

Assistance for a nonprofit

Hello all,

I run a nonprofit RPG library. We travel around sharing the library at events and teach people to use games to work with at risk teens and Vets with PTSD. I am currently deployed to Iraq and have some volunteers running the library for me, awesome people. In the military I am a broadcaster and have not had to build an editing work station for ages , due to having a good editing work station at the Army’s dime.

Well we are going to be doing video tutorials and more for the library when I get home and looking for help of what is the best road to go down for an editor working in a 4k footage.

I have good monitors and multiple 10g network NAS drives and a couple thunderbolt 3 drives.

Thanks in advance for advice.
David
Chief Librarian
Alexandria RPG

1 Like

What kind of budget do you have and what program do you use for editing?

2 Likes

I will be using DiVinci resolve 16.

Budget is limited. Working on donations to help fund the computer for the nonprofit.

Here is a good guide for that software
Mind you it has dual Titan RTX GPUs

I would probably Aim for a R7 2700 CPU (cheaper and not tons of performance loss)
Ram would probably target 32gb in a 2x16 setup (so you can expand more later if needed)
Storage maybe 512gb nvme for OS and Scratch pref samsung pro due to wear/tear and not having a cache like evo drive

GPU still looking into it Min 8gb ram it seems

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TM8rrV
Is my pick for the setup

If you ok with used I would target a Radeon VII for the gpu

1 Like

I don’t see anything beating this price performance combo.
$1530.
Ryzen 7 3700X + Nvidia RTX 2070 Super + MSI B450 Tomahawk Max.
32GB DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo SSD+ 6TB HDD.
600W 80+ Rosewill PSU.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qWRVcq

If that is little costly, go for a Ryzen 7 2700 + RTX 2060 Super. Not sure anything cheaper can handle 4K video editing.

Heck I bet someone on here could donate your cause a system. Any takers??

Thanks for all the help folks.