Assange Arrested

The fact that Wikileaks was going HAM on Russia and just suddenly stopped is pretty iffy, imo.

Well if we go by what is known about Wikileaks the only reasonable assumption is that they can only put out what they are given. So the information ran out, not that they stopped releasing it.

Or an overreaching, corrupt government can infiltrate and filter an organization and the data their given. I just find it highly, highly odd that Wikileaks had a ton of data on Putin, organized crime, and corruption in Russia around the 2013-2014 timeframe and then all that data dried up.

Grasping at straws, I know, but a lot of this is theory anyway.

What about the possibility that the russian leak was plugged by Putin? That would make the most sense it seems.

Ah, saying that the person providing the information was ganked? I suppose that is plausible, too.

No, dude. Thereā€™s actual evidence.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

Fancy Bear/Guccifer 2.0/DCLeaks.com is a branch of Russian intellgence, and they leaked the DCCC data to Wikileaks.

1 Like

Ah, interesting. FWIW I am not caught up on post 2016 politics. I have consciously and decidedly pressed the mute button.

For now, anyway. Just an FYI in case I mention dated info.

Thereā€™s so much bullshit and people obfuscating the truth in media and particularly social media these days, and itā€™s been such a long complicated-ass story, that people lose their place. But yes. Thereā€™s actual evidence that Russian intelligence operatives leaked to Wikileaks to harm Clinton, and it was a state-sanctioned operation.

This should be viewed as an act of war.

But itā€™s been politicized because the side that won feels it deligitimizes their victory.

Which of course to some degree, it does.

Calm down George Bush.

Extradition exists for a good reason. Youā€™d change your tune if it affected you directly and you werenā€™t able to prosecute them.

2 Likes

While wikileaks attempts to anonymize their sources, it can always be backtraced. There is always just one link that can access all the leaked sources.

CIA and FSB now know our location.

1 Like

He is right though. The US is regarded as a sort of ā€œworld policeā€ and gets the pass more often than not.

1 Like

All good, America number one :wink: And Mother Soviet wonā€™t find anything interesting in my emails or audio.

In what way do you mean? Do you have information to show this is the case?

Figured I should probs check if any US citizens have been extradited to other countries, and this search shit show turning my search to list of treaties is unreal, and I fucking just so hate the current state of ALL search engines

Donā€™t know how up to date or accurate it is.

1 Like

Up to date? Probably relatively. People donā€™t tend to flee to the US.

Accurate? Wikipedia, so apply a healthy dose of skepticism.

1 Like

Itā€™s also worth noting that the UK doesnā€™t always extradite people if there would be a serious effect to their rights or health. They stopped the extradition of Garry McKinnon to the US despite knowing he did break US law.

While thatā€™s a nice sentiment, I donā€™t think the UK has a better track record recently with human rights than the US.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure there are any human rights issues with this current extradition request, so Iā€™m not sure it will come into it either way. I just wanted to give at least one example to show that the world bends over to for the US isnā€™t necessarily always the case.

1 Like