Assange Arrested

I’m not seeing any other outcomes that nobody is going to get extradited to US, because only way thats going to continue is if Assange gets easy prison, which doesnt exist over US

IF he doesnt get extradited, then that sets the bar so high that the lesser things never get there
and if he gets extradited, that shithole is so bad that its straight forward evil to extradite anyone there

:thinking:

Good for Book sales, to bad Gore Vidal died in 2012 so he won’t enjoy the boost in revenue

Charges have an expiration date

A foreign power attempting to get a corrupt government out of power, who is fucking over the citizenry around the world is different to US foreign policy how exactly?

Oh, that’s right. They’re targeting the guys doing actual documented illegal stuff, not some third world guys…

bad news for the freedom of the press. good news for people trying to keep a lid on shit. wounder when the deadman switch will go live and post the keys to the insurance files.

In what way?

He’s been charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion in the US (I don’t know the circumstances around that), and still has a valid INTERPOL red notice for Sweden.

His arrest occurred by the looks of it primarily because of the deteriorating relations with the embassy and his actions in there, so they kicked him out. As far as I’m aware as well the UK has always arrested red notice people and those who fail to follow the law.

It seems to me though that Sweden should get first dibs on him, they have the valid notice and existing warrant.

i get the sweden angle but the US is malarkey as far as i can tell.
and i am willing to bet that the pressure that Ecuador has been under was about to escalate to a degree that they could not stomach. and seeing as how he could not leave and was there for so damn long some nerves were bound to get fried so a valid excuse to dump him was used.

Have you seen some of the footage from the embassy. They may have just got fed up with him.

2 Likes

I cant believe after four days and a 109 posts; None of you have pointed out the retardation when it comes to the US forcing their laws on foreign citizens outside their borders.

It would be a victory for the rest of the world if an extraction was denied,
To bad Britain has always obeyed the US like a good little dog, And i lost all faith in sweden after the pirate bay.

6 Likes

thats a broken record at this point. the US is “the world police” and acts like they are the end all be all and can dictate and demand what they want when they want. have said it for years that the US over extends its laws so far that its a thin line from global law.

1 Like

Not to mention US tech laws seem to come from greedy corporations, I would not care if the US did not try to force their problems on the rest of us.

welcome to the global economy with free trade and global trade deals.

1 Like

Totally not fishy or convenient in any way that he receives billions of dollars.

1 Like

Obligatory “us/them bickering is dumb and probably going to get this thread locked” post.

1 Like

Exactly. Let’s keep it classy. And on topic.

actually, I’m not sure if the Politics section is set up, but I feel like this is yet again neither tech related nor really anything to do with policy. Perhaps this spirited clash of ideas should be moved there if possible.

Just because it’s not profanity doesn’t mean it’s not insulting. Treat each other with respect and stop putting words in each other’s mouth.

2 Likes

Lol. I see how this thread will go.

Not sure why my posts talking about the new ignore feature keep getting hidden. How is that controversial?

Back on topic, or take it to a PM.

2 Likes

I’ll stay on topic, since this wasn’t removed im assuming it is on topic.

Is there anything to back this claim up?

1 Like