Asrock X570M Pro4 Home Server Power Saving

Pretty much defaults. Enabled all the power mgmt settings, disabled unused components (SATA,Serial, etc.).

First Iā€™d try to wrap my head around the UEFI/BIOS settings to make sure the PCIe power management (typically itā€™s called similar to that) is enabled there (and reboot).
If this didnā€™t help, I update the UEFI/BIOS (if available) in a hope that it fixes ASPM.

As a last resort Iā€™d try to force it:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_management#Active_State_Power_Management

Also, if you google for ā€œX570 power consumptionā€ you might find that the chipset (and MBs based on it) appear to be known for the higher-than-expected idle power consumption (i.e., MB can be a contributor to your issue).

As for the iGPU, Iā€™ve never tried that so cannot comment. Based on my current perception, ppl are able to get low idle Ws with this APU w/o any underclocking/undervolting it. So, thatā€™s not the first thing Iā€™d personally be looking at.

I checked that twice now but I couldnā€™t find these settings.

That might be it. I totally forgot that there was some discussion about it needing a fan.

I donā€™t think enabling ASPM by force will do anything. If a device doesnā€™t support it, it wonā€™t do anything and probably cause stability issues.

However today I tested power consumption without the ups. The total system power consumption is steady at 40W. I guess with this motherboard and the additional network card etc. it wonā€™t get any lower than that.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.