Asrock X570d4u, x570d4u-2L2T discussion thread

Well you should see a significant decrease in CPU thermals. Using ECO myself, I see the impact when measuring at the wall. It’s great. Still boosts to max for singlethreaded stuff and otherwise only 10% less frequency on all-core load.

Is anyone else nervous that the new x570d4u-2L2T BIOS has been in beta for something close to 18 months?

Is it possible they’d have stopped development on it and not told us?

Good to meet everyone here.

I saw Asrock Rack just update the latest version of bios v1.7 and bmc firmware v1.35.

I have a boot problem with 5950x and micron 32g*4 ecc udimm with 3200mhz but no problem with auto in 2666mhz in v1.4 and v1.57 beta bios. I will test with the latest bios once I got time.

Hi, the Manual says:

1 Like

sadage, just noticed that table. thank you for the information.

Thanks for letting us know the X570D4U-2L2T BIOS and BMC are out. :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely be trying those tonight to see if they fix my unrecognized RAM stick issue. (Otherwise, the CPU is either damaged or not mounted properly.)

For anyone else who didn’t know what Redfish is: Redfish (specification) - Wikipedia

Do note that the old beta v. 1.57 is still listed for download. It’s a trap! :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: @motorsense , thanks for posting the table. I had no problem running my QVL-listed memory at 3200 MT/s using a Ryzen 3700X, but anything aside from base settings was giving me ECC errors (2933 MT/s) or not booting at all (3200 MT/s).

And after all this time they have actually fixed quite a bit too!

System Information tab now works - Inventory, FRU, SMBIOS etc under this tab now displays information rather than blank pages.
IPMI Event log - I am sure this didn’t work before the update, but it is now.
And at lastly - from what I have noticed so far - the BIOS via IPMI screen now loads correctly. Don’t get me wrong it’s still a bit clunky (for example I noticed the boot order selection doesn’t seem to change correctly) but it’s functioning now.

1 Like

That’s great news!

I was hoping they’d fixed quite a bit more than they said on the webpage. The BIOS went from 1.40 to 1.70, and the IPMI jumped from 1.20 to 1.35.

Did you update the BIOS first, or the BMC?
IIRC, I was told to do BMC first, but i can’t remember 100 percent.

I did the BMC first - via the IPMI webpage. Followed by a reboot, then the BIOS update and another full reboot.

1 Like

Thanks!

The BMC update went fine.
The BIOS update left me unable to POST. -_-

I swapped out my 5900X (which was only recognizing 2 of my 4 RAM slots as being used) for a 3700X, and everything came back up without a problem. It went straight on finishing the BIOS update.

So, the question is … does this board just hate the Ryzen 5900X, or is mine marginal and deserving of an RMA? Unfortunately, I don’t have a spare AM4 board to test the CPU in, so I’m going to assume something’s wrong with it.

I’m pretty sure the CPU is borked, since @Exard3k is running one without a problem.

The OC Tweaker is new. I tried to set a RAM overclock there and ended up getting an overvoltage error, so clearly, I don’t know how to use that yet.

The old way of overclocking had no effect. The BIOS just rolled it back. So either that doesn’t work anymore, or the current BIOS is much more strict about enforcing the RAM speed limits from the manual.

After digging into the shitty BIOS, I managed to get those 4 RAMs running at 3200mhz. The default BIOS setting is a trap (some settings are not in auto), and it is not really at “default setting”. Good job Asrock :fu: Redefine definition of default setting by Asrock

Congratulations!

I at least appreciated that it reset itself to 2666 MT/s when my attempts failed, instead of just refusing to boot.

How did you do it?

Just wanted to share - I’ve reached out to an AsRock distributor in Europe, they expect the X570D4U-2L2T/BCM boards to be in the EU warehouse by the end of December, currently accepting backorders. Price quoted is ~ £575 (20% VAT inclusive).

Hi, I’m trying out a similar setup but I get thousands of ECC detections in memtest at 3200MT/s (zero errors). Could you please share a bit more details about how you accomplished this, and which settings you changed?

1 Like

For me, I am adjusting the settings in AMD PBS menu. Keep everything in auto if I don’t know what it is. And enable uncore overclock mode in overclocking menu.

I also encounter the motherboard refused to boot. Debug code show 01 and freezes. It needs to reset or power cycle a few times to boot properly, especially when cold booting. The code means CPU register check, if it fails it will stuck in this code. I blame this is Asrock motherboard design problem as I move my CPU and RAM to another motherboard, it is booting smoothly and does not need any debugging to push both CPU and RAM to 3200mhz.

As I think the boot problem is not really hurt that much. I decided to stick with this settings and test the stability with folding@home, memtest and AIDA64. When running the folding app, I saw a lot of WHEA error (around 30-50 per minutes) in windows event log and said RAM ECC is acting to fix memory error. And the PC is not really stable even ECC is acting to prevent system crash (crashes once when on test).

So I lower the frequency to 3000mhz, not work. Then 2933mhz, and it stables now (still under stress test). I haven’t test if the boot problem solved in 2933mhz, will test before next week.

In case anyone is still having issues accessing BIOS from the IPMI web interface, make sure when you’re upgrading to BMC version 1.39 that you change the following:

11 WEB Overwrite
12 REDFISH Overwrite

By default it wasn’t set to “Overwrite” for me;

1 Like

Is it possible to enable eco mode on Epyc processors too?

I don’t know about any ECO mode on EPYC. It’s a Ryzen feature that makes AM4/AM5 the real power efficiency king for servers. New zen4 features ECO as well and there is a new B650 board from AsRock Rack announced. So the x570D4U will see a new generation. 16x Zen 4 cores@65W TDP with DDR5 ECC…truly a new generation.

1 Like

So, now that I have the 3700X back on the board, and will probably end up selling the 5900X for reasons–I love having more threads and higher performance, but the ECO mode 3700X is so much lower power and the system is overall so much quieter. Now that I have a second Proxmox node, I’m no longer pressed to get all the threads into this server. (At this point, I’m more likely to put a 5700G in it just so I have some sort of iGPU…)

At this point, I really only have one remaining issue. The board’s SMBIOS header can’t read the I2C plug coming off the SuperMicro CSE-835’s power distribution unit. I’m pretty sure it’s this one: Supermicro PDB-PT825-8824 Power Distributor (19-Pairs) For Redundant Power Supply

I’ve plugged the I2C plug into the header, but the IPMI interface just gives me POWER SUPPLY ERROR on both of them, and can’t seem to read anything off them at all.

It’s a problem, because without the ability to see/control the PSUs, it’s defaulting to setting off an alarm if a PSU is plugged into the power distributor but doesn’t have a live AC connection. Since I want to keep the PSUs in the chassis even if I’m not using both of them, this is an issue.

I’d also like them to be in failover mode. Right now, they’re both running and splitting the load between them, which is inefficient and unnecessary for a server drawing about ~120w.

I’m going to reach out to tech support, but I’m curious if anyone has run into this before and come up with a solution.

EDIT: I just found this thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/qq6s8n/pmbus_and_supermicro_pdb/

Looks like Supermicro has made it difficult enough for Asrock to support their PSUs that they officially don’t, but it might still be possible via hackery I don’t understand fully yet.

How do I setup RAID for windows server? I changed the options from the bios but I don’t see where I can configure the RAID setup