ASRock x370 taichi & ram

This is why I hate MIRs!
The whole process is designed to either:

A) Give them an excuse not to pay out.

B) Void an RMA.

I'm telling you, they have actuarials that have calculated how to setup the promotion so as to get people to disqualify.

Well just an update here. I got my ram returned from RMA. They were nice enough to send me G.skill Flare x ram. It runs at 2933 so far... still having some issues getting it to 3200 but so far so good... for first day of ram returned.

1 Like

Well 2933mhz seems to be a number that most boards should have no problem with.
Also i dont think that there will be that much of a significant diffrence between 2933mhz and 3200mhz tbh.

If you check this page out...
https://www.gskill.com/en/press/view/g-skill-announces-flare-x-series-and-fortis-series-ddr4-memory-for-amd-ryzen
and scroll down near to the bottom they got it running at 3200 14 latency... and just below that 3467 at 16 latency...
As I understand latency is not as important to ryzen as frequency... I honestly think it is just my voltage setting. I got it at 1.2 and cpu-z says to get this to 3200 it requires 3.5?? 3.8?? can't remember currently but it is somewhere there.

If you check the normal frequency of these 3200Mhz B-Die sticks you will see the stock frequency is higher. I would match those in your settings.

I notice they got a 3466 with 16 latency set up going.

Sorry, I was referring to the voltage for the RAM. Oftentimes they push more voltage.