ASRock X370 TaiChi Motherboard Review- Ryzen | Level One Techs

not true either as something like the Taichi is pretty much the same

You see how the better all a rounder might not be amd ?

I was comparing to X99 again stop linking z270 derp

true that:"(

I have a 1700x build in the process but it is not the best all a rounder atm the 6800 at US prices is. That is weighted against an average of gaming and productivity. Could that change as time goes on ? With amd focus, I can say yes.

Yeah that will definitelly change.
keep in mind that intel is allready working on X299.

Ya ? that too.. In the hope of................?

6,800 American dollars for a computer? Man, that's crazy.

Or is the 6800 a processor. I'm confused

Its really going to be depending on the X299 pricings.

Might change ? They are not real good about consumer friendly. Mostly screw you this is what it costs.

Yes exactlly, but X99 will be fased out this year.
So at the point wenn intel will launch their new X299 platform,
most people will most likelly not looking into buying X99 anymore.
So with the pricing of X299 in mind, Ryzen might definitelly be in the drivers seat wenn it comes to bang for buck then.
Unless intel is going totally crazy on pricings.

1 Like

I imagine so, yes. May help some intel people get a more fair deal.

cpu :) Let me revel in the few discussions i win here. Of course, it will all change with some price changes.

1 Like

If I understand it correctly, you can overclock these using by manually adjusting p-state 0 and it manages to retain the XFR and variable turbo functions as opposed to putting the chip into OC mode by using the standard multiplier.

Have you tried that?/Is that what you did to maintain the power saving features?

I thought this was a motherboard review thread.... turned into the old AMD vs Intel debate really quickly...

Yes and yes downclocks maintained.

2 Likes

IĀ“m kinda currious is a 1700 non x would be easier to overclock,
on these boards then X versions with XFR.

I want an Asrock board, TaiChi if the K4 will not downclock automatically when overclocking,

Does anyone know if the Asrock Gaming K4 has P-states overclocking ? Lower cost is good do not want high over clock just that little bit extra :)

Have had my Ryzen 1700 sitting here for days waiting for stock of boards to hit the UK but nothing yet :(

Would have gone for the Asus Prime x370-Pro, but not seeing bios updates or info much.

If you mean you are waiting for Taichi then same problem here.

"Ordered | Is expected on 31.3.2017" Google translated that shit. :D

Then one Finnish site shows 15-21.4. while others state that they just dont know.

I had an open order for a Asus x370 that was expected to ship soon but I canceled it because I watched a youtube video that said that when overclocking, Ryzen only ran at the overclock speed loosing power saveing functions (still not sure how all this works out) and had no "P-State" options in the BIOS on tha Asus board.

I would be happy with a Asrock gaming K4 if it has "P-states" BIOS options or I will have to spend more money on the TaiChi vertion as I understand that this will allow power saveing states to work when overclocking.

I am just a bit annoyed that no mention of the board shortages before the release, AMD pushed "plenty of availability for the CPU " quietly forgetting to mention you need boards as well. I'm still glad to support AMD as we all need the competition and I think Ryzen is a great CPU for them and us.

Would buy a B350 and forget overclocking if it wasn't for the fact that I want a stronger motherboard in the hope it will last longer and have better VRMs etc and Ryzen needs that bit of overclocking I think to be in a sweet spot at least for the 1700.

Just have to be patient, I'm really excited to build a new system. I can slum it a bit more on my I52500K :)

AMD didn't mention board shortages because they forgot about the motherboards all together. ;-)

P-state Overclocking certainly looks like the ideal way ahead but I don't think anyone has their head around it completely just yet. If you do want to jump on board early on, I would highly recommend only looking at boards that have their own BCLK generator chips. Asus CH6, Taichi and Pro gaming boards have one but K4 misses out.It will make your life so much easier getting memory working at speed and tweaking performance.

I am not sure about the Giga Gaming 5 though it seems to have had a head start with stability. Forget biostar and MSI right now. The next wave of MSI boards with have BCLK chips included or so they say.

The story may be completely different in 3-6 months and the BCLK chip may fall into the nice to have category