ASRock X370 TaiChi Motherboard Review- Ryzen | Level One Techs

Do you mean this?

http://www.microcenter.com

This seems US-only :-(

Yea if you aren't in the US it wouldn't work.

Pitty....thx for the info though ;-)

Yeah well X99 basiclly isnt even that bad of choice to go with exally.
Its still better in gaming.
However yeah the Ryzen R7-1700 is hard to ignore at its pricepoint wenn it comes to productivity workloads.

x99 just for gaming ?

I would still pick ryzen for gaming because Ryzen 7 1700 at $330

7700k pretty smokes everything as is stands in the just gaming field. Lets be easy with the shilling ?

No I meant compared to x99

You did not actually define the class which is more than a little misleading.

Wut
I was referring back to both you and @MisteryAngel posts about x99 when did I ever mention the 7700k lol

Actually X99 would be a better all rounder from the current stats on Ryzen. Ryzen only kills at productivity from what little have i have seen. Makes me sick to say that.

Uhm
Have you read any of the variety of benches & reviews or? Because its right between broadwell-E and skylake in gaming
And absolutely destroys x99 for the price

For the price ? But for the price you can get a better all rounder and it is not Amd. 6800 still was in my books at 400. You are promoting the extreme verses the average.

Wat are you even
Whatever you do you

Look at stats ? yes a lot. Amd is not the best all rounder.

Coming from X99 to Ryzen I am going to say the best all rounder is a toss up. You have to have both to even compare them. Virtual OS, gaming, video encoding, day to day use, audio mixing, cinema, and 7zip. In reality they are both close on the books. Slightly worse than intel's offering in gaming at 1080p pre optimizations. Everything else ryzen does better.

Update: I am coming from a 5820k which statistically is identical to the 6800k, especially when the 5820k can hit upwards of 4.5ghz and the 6800k cant.

Update 2: The Ryzen 1600x for 250 USD with a 100 dollar motherboard lets you get a more expensive gpu, more ram or faster for that matter, and anything else you would think of.

Gaming + streaming the 6800K for instance is definitelly not a bad choice there.
But for content creation / productivity and such a R7-1700 is hard to resists at $329,-
If its mainly for gaming, then Kabylake is still a better choice.

Ya ? Something along those lines from what i can tell. Gets to be a toss up at a certain point. Cheaper is better ?

At this point at 440 or so there is a stronger sense of following benchmarks than theory. 6800 at 400 ish or so is the better all a rounder. ATM My personal opinion.

1 Like

But that is for just the CPU
With a bundle at microcenter you can get a 1700+ mobo for $400ish