ASRock X370 Killer SLi Motherboard Review + Linux Test | Level One Techs

That's one point the Professional Gaming is really bad at imo. Like... RGB and RGB Header, and then a red finish on the components ... wat? Also the one RGB under the Chipset block is basically just there so they can say it has RGB for the l33t-g4m0r-crowd and doesn't look particularly good either...

I can't access the video from work but if I remember correctly he said "a USB 3.0 header, that's USB 3.1 Gen 1 as protocol", something along those lines.
/edit
From the MP3 it's around the 1 minute mark for the internal headers and around 3:20 for the rear-I/O

Bought this board some time ago, have been using it as a workstation/hardcore overclocking board for a few months now. Few things to note here;

• Probing around the VRM and the back of the CPU socket leads me to believe that the IR35201 voltage controller is running in 6 + 2 phase mode, with a doubled 4 phase for the SoC component of the VRM (datasheet listed here: http://irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/pb-ir35201.pdf)
  • For the current and temperature capabilities of said VRM, and with how relatively low power Ryzen is (even under LN2), you should not have to worry about throttling hard on the VRM, however as with most boards, active cooling on the VRM never hurts
  • You do NOT get a POST code or LED boot indicators to help you with troubleshooting. This isnā€™t too much of a problem for average use, but is a real pain with high memory overclocks. Further note, with my Kingston 2133 CL14 kit I was able to overclock to 3200 CL18, or I actually noticed that 2933 CL16 also boots and is considerably faster. Your mileage always varies.

All in all, my only real gripe with this board is the lack of POST code indicator. Onboard buttons are overrated, a pair of tweezers or a screwdriver are more than enough for me, and the BIOS has everything I need. I should also mention that the LLC chart indicator is INCORRECT, Level 1 LLC will overvolt your CPU by about 60-80 mV, level 2 overvolts 30-50, and Level 3 is relatively steady under load. Measurements were taken with a multimeter off the back of the socket, so Iā€™m really confident in my accuracy.

If you find it on sale, itā€™s certainly not a bad buy, I picked it up for $120 new, and it works great with both my 1600 and 1700.

1 Like

The vrm consists of a IR35201 pwm running in 4+2 phase mode,
that is doubled to 8+4 using IR3598 doubler / dual driverā€¦
8 phases for Vcore and 4 phases for SOC.
However its not a standard doubling scheme like i mentioned above.
Because the IR3598 is special, it can either be used as a standard doubler or a dual driver.
On this particular vrm implementation the IR3598 is running in dual driver mode.
The nice thing about this method of doubling is that you only need three IR3598Ā“s,
to create an 8+4 phase design out of a 4+2 phase pwm, 2 for the cpu rails and one for Soc rail.

The only thing with this particular board is that they ā€œcouldā€ have used better mosfets.
But still its not too bad for its price point.